Functional Seats/Benches

vylqun

If our ships really get dmg upon hitting the athmosphere with a high speed (devblog) i thought it might be good if that isnt just limited to the ship.

While asking for a complete inertia model, throwing people against walls when accelerating a construct is probably to much, i'd suggest a damage over time effect when players experience extreme accelerations. This dot would then be weakened by a certain degree if players sit in seats/benches while accelerating/decelerating, depending on the type of seat. A simply bench would only work for slightly to big accelerations, while special high speed seats could prevent that damage for very high accelerations.

This would add a bit of realism to the game and at the same time force people to design their ships with the required amount and class of seating opportunities.

such as vaporizing your ship should you hit the atmosphere at 20.000 km/h with no special gear to handle the shock.

That is only if you not have "SPECIAL GEAR" to handle the shock. They have include that.

1 hour ago, ShioriStein said:

That is only if you not have "SPECIAL GEAR" to handle the shock. They have include that.

but thats only related to structural dmg, just because your ship survives it doesnt mean that you didnt turn into porridge.

18 hours ago, Aaron Cain said:

To add to the topic, i dont only think its nice for landing etc, but in general the seats and beds and everything looks nice but please make it useable soon :)

How do you know they arent usable already???  :D