Character Creation / Gameplay type

CokaCoder

Hi everyone.  I'm a new patron for this game, so be gentle.  I have tons of idea's so i just want to put them forwards.

I understand this will be a survival game, and I think i read somewhere that food and water could be required by players in order to keep themselves alive.

I personally love that kind of survival management aspect. But I also know that not everyone likes this kind of micro-management so I have a suggestion in keeping with the universe NovaQuark want to build and yet allow for players to play "survival" the way they want.

If you could choose between robot or human during the character creation phase, you could make it so that choosing robot means you don't need to eat and drink, and thereby remove that mechanic from the game for you if you don't like it. Choosing human means that you do need to find food and water, but perhaps have an advantage over robots in some other respect.  Maybe robots aren't waterproof, and can't jump into water unless inside a submarine or something. Or maybe make it so that robots don't need food or water, but instead they need to recharge either from a control panel in their base or by manufacturing power cells which can be taken on longer trips?  Maybe some sort of deployable solar array or something.  So for people playing as a robot, they have to be more carefull not to run out of power after sunset.    Just an idea.  :-)

There is no definite answer of whether survival mechanics will be implemented.  Make sure to check out the trello,  news/devblogs, and the other posts in the idea box here to see if your other ideas have already been suggested.

Edited by Felonu
Typo