Mad scientist for hire

wesbruce

Hi I'm Wesley Bruce, wesbruce in may games.

That heading was not quite serious, Much. 
I am a geographer and would be game designer but not a programmer. I don't even have a computer that can run the game though I am planning to buy a new PC.
Dyslexia makes reading code hard hence my interest in non code based solutions: Second Life, Voxels, Blenders little boxes, minecraft. Played many MMO's. I have abandoned avatars everywhere. 

I know Geography, some astronomy and planetology, human ecology, some economics and chemistry. Degree Australian National University.
I've out lived my membership in the National Space Society twice! (A Sad story and a funny story there.) I know all the old L5 society stuff. Also I have blog posts on para-terraforming, sea steading, space stuff. Two NASA submission, not winning but considered useful. 

I have some skill in blender, wings 3D, sculptris, etc. Enough to be useful in a team but not on my own.

I've studied game design informally including game economics, quest/ tutorial  design, map pitfalls, voxel theory, minecraft modding. I checked out the jobs on offer at NQ and know I could help but I'm not that good. Total lack of formal qualifications matters! And I know my limitations.
I'm also in Australia. A long way from Paris which may be an issue. I have Skype. PM me for it if you need it. 

My current job is as a carer, disability support but that is diminishing as the guy I look after gets better at doing things. He has Cerebral Palsy and more university qualifications than me.  

I'm a crazy ideas man with an idea of what JC baillie is wanting to do, how it's working and some of the things needed. I can also see the pit falls ahead; that may make me useful. 

I'm a bit of a lore master with many ideas. 
I hope to see you in-game some day. 

You could be extremely useful in the Empires Research and Development program. You get given the freedom to work on projects in the Facility and work with other Scientists and researches to create everything from ships to satellites to even AI. I hope to see you try this out you would be extremely useful.  

Offers on the table but, if you wanna come work for the Galactic Empire you can. You can help us do many great things here. We got some cool facilities over here with shiny new toys (hehehe). No but seriously, you can actually help us alot if you wanted to. I don't have a head adviser for my R&D team and I feel like you would be a excellent person to lead the rest of the team into developing some sick new stuff for the Citizens of the Galactic Empire :D

I would love for you to join Terran Union, the whole organisation would be very happy to get someone like you. We want members of Terran Union to do whatever they want, we fully support them and provide them the necessary tools to pursue their dreams in Dual Universe, hopefully we will see you in Terran Union as one of our new member :)

Welcome Wesley!  I think you would be a great match for the Outfit too.  So far we have several programmers and a couple builders on board and personally, I'm an advanced voxel builder and run a small web dev/game dev company IRL (a very small one, mind you.).  We're all about collaboration and having fun so there's not a whole lot of rules or anything.   I think we have a lot in common already :)

I finally acquired a computer that could probably run the game. Sadly the GPU missed the make by one parameter as far as No Mans Sky is concerned. Owned the computer for a whole day and already need to upgrade something. Grrr. the guy in the shop had no clue what the gpu was I suspect. Need to fit a AMD Radeon 7870 in some where???

While no parameters are published hopefully it wont break the bank to up grade.