Hinges , wheels, or rotating devices

I was just curious to know if Hinges, wheels, or rotating devices will be a thing in DU. I am not currently a backer and I know there is a NDA. Though overlooking some of the footage from previous Nova quark videos on YouTube I have seen balloons, blade less fans, and other rocket devices. I just would like to know if DU will have at least hinges and rotating devices within the game itself. A prime example of what I am looking at is like the space engineers moving parts.

They've publicly expressed, that while they are interested in the concept, these may not be in at launch, as it makes everything related to constructs that much more complicated (hitboxes/physics/connections/constraints/rendering/blueprinting/inheritence/optimization etc. etc.)

17 hours ago, Johnny_Comics said:

I was just curious to know if Hinges, wheels, or rotating devices will be a thing in DU. I am not currently a backer and I know there is a NDA. Though overlooking some of the footage from previous Nova quark videos on YouTube I have seen balloons, blade less fans, and other rocket devices. I just would like to know if DU will have at least hinges and rotating devices within the game itself. A prime example of what I am looking at is like the space engineers moving parts.

You can also look here for information

https://trello.com/b/Y6WNMd2S/dual-universe-community-suggestions

On 5/28/2018 at 2:28 AM, Johnny_Comics said:

I was just curious to know if Hinges, wheels, or rotating devices will be a thing in DU.

All the suggestions were rejected - rotors, sliders, rails, wheels. So it won't be delivered at least in nearest future neither in beta nor after release. 

Wheels: Hovers are pretty much a better version.

Rotors: if we manage to create rails, we can probably make rotors.

Rails: You can maybe build them with voxels? Or tunnels so that the "train" follows a path? Or script its path?

Sliders: same.

So, there are alternatives. They said once that wheels are a problem because they collide with ground, and that is taxing on the server, so I'd imagine that "moving parts" in general have the same issue (they move, so they can collide and that creates load on the server, like space engineers after all, collisions are always problematic).