space suit and color

spaceDJ

The short answer for the first two questions are: We don't know

As for the third, I believe the material your construct is made from determines it's color. That's how it seemed to me, anyways. To paint over a color would be to remove one material and replace it with another.

As for the third, I believe the material your construct is made from determines it's color. That's how it seemed to me, anyways. To paint over a color would be to remove one material and replace it with another.

Why would that remove the possibility to color the voxel?

Material data and texture data are trivial to store separately.

Just the default texture would be material determined.

And when done properly only the non-standard-color blocks would need additional memory compared to a system with material=color

Yup. In the video he mined up some copper and it was copper colored, so I'm guessing thats the only color system they have in place at the moment. I'm pretty sure they'll add a painting system before alpha though.

For reference, this is what has been shown for the suits so far

Ci1VPw9XAAA6c0-.jpg

For the alpha I'd to see the ability like the ability to change the orange portions on these suits as a primary color and the white portion as a secondary color. Would be basic and not eat up much development time, while giving the different factions an easily identifiable look.

Then for beta and official release I hope a much more detailed suit/character customization system is implemented.

Except don't allow pink just to piss off Twerk  :P

For the alpha I'd to see the ability like the ability to change the orange portions on these suits as a primary color and the white portion as a secondary color. Would be basic and not eat up much development time, while giving the different factions an easily identifiable look.

Then for beta and official release I hope a much more detailed suit/character customization system is implemented.

Except don't allow pink just to piss off Twerk  :P

tumblr_n5ynvwh9GW1rrl12ro1_500.png?quali

I will be THIS awesome.

tumblr_n5ynvwh9GW1rrl12ro1_500.png?quali

I will be THIS awesome.

Well, allow me to begin a new motion. It is called an examination of my desk. It goes like this:

I take my head and put it in an upright position.

After that, I quickly extend my head down to observe the desk.

Then, I do not stop my quick observation of the desk and full on ram my face into the desk, causing a face-to desk collision.

I repeat this process until I can no longer tell which component is the desk.