Hello from space funk city

GencyMex

Hey fellow DU future players! Yamamushi has been telling me about DU for months and I have been getting excited about it. I've lurked for a little while, but now it's time to leave the lurkers and join the forum and start talking about it.

Traditionally I play FPS, but I have been known to get sacked into MMO games. I'm currently working my way through ESO. It has been hard to find an MMO that is better than project 1999 (aka EverQuest) or ESO. I like multiplayer games that take coordination with others to play the game. That is probably the reason I like playing battlefield 4 a lot, because of the coordination that must happen to achieve victory is intense and always changing.

Why do you like DU?

Played Eve Online for six years, saw Dual Universe a year ago by browsing por... researching games, and came upon this gem. <3

ESO is fun, but I couldn't stay with it for too long, just wasn't my cup of tea after a while I guess. Definitely plan to pick up Battlefield 1 though (Have 4, but eh). 

Anyways, welcome to the community. :)

Yes, it is very important to uhhh research games..

Did you play ESO at launch, or have you played it after they fixed everything? I played at launch on pc, but it sucked a lot and I played about 3 hours before I quit the game. Then some one told me that they changed everything and it feels like skyrim pretty much to the tee. I haven't stopped having fun since.

I'm waiting to play the beta before I decide if I'm going to buy it. Hardline was not a battlefield to me... it is a good counter strike, but not a battlefield game to me. BF4 is still pretty good to me, I love flying the choppers and sniping.

What is the thing that you are most looking forward to in DU?

Yeah I picked up ESO three months ago, but agreed, when it launched it was just horrible.

BF1 looks so damn fun, and I haven't purchased yet. Tempting though, but eh... :D

I like DUAL because it's an original idea. The original idea being "let's build the netcode before the game guys".

I left ESO at the point I figured out I could be a Dragonknight Ninja. Why have classes... if half your playstyle is in the weapons used? They dropped the ball for me at that point, they should have gone full Skyrim freedom on classes, not that half-thought playstyle where  a class called Dragonknight could become the most lethal assassin ever.

I'm curentlly playing Space Engineers, but i hate the limit of building with just 2 different sizes... + game keeps crashing and freezing and stuff, not to mention multiplayer.... 

So i'm looking for something new and so far DU looks like dream come true :D +  MMO part will be EPIC! that is, if they manage to pull it off without major glitches and performace issues :)