!Question Index!

Oh boy so many questions....so so many. Please answer any you can. (I am also currently researching everything I can about Dual Universe, (youtube, google searching, looking at some dev interviews, etc)

Q: So, I have heard about the idea of "safe zones". How will these safe zones be managed? Do they only appear when you are building? Or are they certain areas in space and on planets?

Q: Automated machines? Could I make a factory by making auto miners that mine resources for me? And if so will the mined goods go directly to me?.. or will the have to be manually picked up via a storage unit of some kind?

Q: Land Claiming.. Oh boy where to begin..... Well, how does it start? Is it as simple as sticking a flag down and saying "this is my land"?

Q: Defending Claimed Land? People have a life in reality, and cannot be on 24/7. What would stop a player from taking over all your land while you are offline?

Q: AI de buffed? So I heard that AI CAN guard ur land or ship, but because they are automated and not a player, they do little damage. This makes me frustrated if true.

Q: Lua Aid, Unfair? Is it true that players can use lua to script parts of a ship to make them more advanced? If so, is this kind of biased towards people who have no scripting knowledge? Would that not be unfair?

Q: Lua Idea? If the lua thing will not change, they could make it so people can sell lua scripts they made on the market? This would give people with no knowledge a chance at more advanced ships.

Q: Too Much Pressure? I love just about everything there is about this game. But it feels like if someone gets a large empire, they will have to fully commit to keep it running and in order. I know that sounds natural, but what if they can't play for a few days for whatever reason? Will everything they have built come crashing down? It feels like as you get more and more power, there is more and more pressure to stay on longer and shorten break intervals. (any idea how we can counter this to make it a bit less stressful?)

These are all the questions I have time for. I will post this and may add on to it later.

Max

5 hours ago, MaximusFireFight said:

How will these safe zones be managed? Do they only appear when you are building? Or are they certain areas in space and on planets?

It's managed by aphelia, the ai of the Arkship. It's a fixed area with some km diameter

Could I make a factory by making auto miners that mine resources for me? And if so will the mined goods go directly to me?.. or will the have to be manually picked up via a storage unit of some kind?

There are no autominers. You have to scan for ore and Mine it yourself

Land Claiming.. Oh boy where to begin..... Well, how does it start? Is it as simple as sticking a flag down and saying "this is my land"?

Q: Defending Claimed Land? People have a life in reality, and cannot be on 24/7. What would stop a player from taking over all your land while you are offline?

There are elements called territory claim units. Build it, place it and the land is yours (1 tile). You can then apply RDMS and define who can do what inside your territory. You can attach a protection bubble to the TCU which gives you a shield to prevent others from destroying and taking your stuff, but this shield will need fuel.

Or, If you don't want to deal with that, stay in the safezone or the sanctuary moon - noone can attack you there, but you won't find valuable resources either.

AI de buffed? So I heard that AI CAN guard ur land or ship, but because they are automated and not a player, they do little damage. This makes me frustrated if true.

STATIC cores can be defended with automated guns (Low dmg, better to man them). DYNAMIC cores (ships) won't have that option.

Lua Aid, Unfair? Is it true that players can use lua to script parts of a ship to make them more advanced? If so, is this kind of biased towards people who have no scripting knowledge? Would that not be unfair?

That's why there are orgs....and why you should socialize. 

Is it unfair If someone has constructs knowledge? Knows how to fly Well? Knows tricks to play the market? No ofc not, everyone can learn it. Or get ppl together If you don't want to learn that stuff. Besides: the game automatically Sets Up standard lua scripts for everything so you don't need to know lua to play

Lua Idea? If the lua thing will not change, they could make it so people can sell lua scripts they made on the market? This would give people with no knowledge a chance at more advanced ships

Yes, that's planned

Too Much Pressure? I love just about everything there is about this game. But it feels like if someone gets a large empire, they will have to fully commit to keep it running and in order. I know that sounds natural, but what if they can't play for a few days for whatever reason? Will everything they have built come crashing down? It feels like as you get more and more power, there is more and more pressure to stay on longer and shorten break intervals. (any idea how we can counter this to make it a bit less stressful?)

Well yes, that's the way it is.....

Easy: get ppl together who can Take over If you're Not there. 

Running a successful empire bis a 24/7 job. So either you play 24/7 or you get ppl together who split that time between themselves