.Penalty Of Death.Scaling Ideas.

MaximusFireFight

1 hour ago, Davis said:

It doesn't discourage industry, it encourages defense and protective measures when a "industrialist" is travelling in the open world. This would also promote the VIP status of certain players making them higher value targets as their wealth goes up, as it should be. Losing items is meaningless if you have billions of quanta to buy it all back. Money is the most valuable asset in any economic situation and it should be a risk everytime you're killed. 

Not to mention the whole idea that you need to keep all quanta on your person is ridiculous. You should be able to store it or have a organization bank where money can be pooled. 

You just contradicted yourself.....

And as I said, loss of quanta from a death is a bad idea, period.

11 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

You just contradicted yourself.....

And as I said, loss of quanta from a death is a bad idea, period.

Lmfao no I really didn’t, its just clear you want you don’t agree with more serious consequences for death and that’s fine, but there isn’t a touch of contradiction lol.

claiming people will stop trying to accumulate wealth because small portions of it can be lost on death is ridiculous, but it will make death a bit more of a penalty. And as I mentioned above a system where money could be stored outside of your wallet could be the balance for this system, as you shouldn’t lose what is not on your person when you die. This would force rich players to store money and could see the birth of player made banking systems. Rather than everyone having all their money always on them ready to spend. 

Maybe this isn’t a good idea but claiming I’m contradictory as you’re only counter arguement isn’t a strong counter arguement in my opinion!

13 hours ago, Davis said:

Lmfao no I really didn’t, its just clear you want you don’t agree with more serious consequences for death and that’s fine, but there isn’t a touch of contradiction lol.

claiming people will stop trying to accumulate wealth because small portions of it can be lost on death is ridiculous, but it will make death a bit more of a penalty. And as I mentioned above a system where money could be stored outside of your wallet could be the balance for this system, as you shouldn’t lose what is not on your person when you die. This would force rich players to store money and could see the birth of player made banking systems. Rather than everyone having all their money always on them ready to spend. 

Maybe this isn’t a good idea but claiming I’m contradictory as you’re only counter arguement isn’t a strong counter arguement in my opinion!

Sigh..... yes its a contradiction as I originally said that money is virtual these days just as it is in DU, its not held on a person.

So you said to remove a small percentage of cash from a player at death, which if quanta wasnt virtual could be a huge sum! Im all for realistic death, but not unbalanced game play.

Then you contra yourself by saying 'if quanta was virtual then the death percentage grab wouldnt be as much' - which is what I originally said......

Bottom line is that its a silly mechanic as 99.99999% of the money if going to be virtual, which makes that specific mechanic negligible and nor worth implementing.