Hello and greetings I’m Firestorm and a am a part of the Dark Star Imperium, a relatively new DU org that was formed by over eight large orgs who consist of friends and enemies alike from a game called “Space Engineers”. We have been contemplating a switch to DU for over a year now and decided now was a good time to start laying the ground work for our org. So far in just four days we made it to org page four and are steadily climbing. We are focused on PvP but we are a well rounded org that intends to be not only PvP but also self sufficient in all sectors. Alliances are being made, treaties, trade deals are being brokered and people are enrolling for Citizenship with the Imperium. We look forward to doing business with you all and maybe, just maybe we will see YOU! In Dual Universe

-

Firestorm

Vice Head of the Dark Star Imperium

https://discord.gg/vqnhhRe

FTUizQh.png

• 1 month later...

Greetings.

You're probably among the few "cliché Empires" (no offence of course, but aggressive Empires are likely some tvtrope or similar by now :P) I find likeable - to explain, I'm usually more fond of other organization types and regarding "classic Empires" I can basically just think of 2-4, yours included, that stand out in my view or I can find likeable. It helps that you also pick up the Helghast / Helghan style in multimedia and likely mental approach, which is a plus for me. I'm generally a fan of those - maybe not individual actions, but the general faction. I'd say the Half-Life 2 cops also fit the bill of "gas mask antagonists" and I played their roles in some RP setting for years on end. Call me biased therefore, maybe.

I think it's the advertising and marketing and the relative success so far. Honestly, keep it up and you'll do great things. Can't see you fail any time soon, at least. Reach for the stars and you shall obtain them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, Warden said:

Greetings.

You're probably among the few "cliché Empires" (no offence of course, but aggressive Empires are likely some tvtrope or similar by now :P) I find likeable - to explain, I'm usually more fond of other organization types and regarding "classic Empires" I can basically just think of 2-4, yours included, that stand out in my view or I can find likeable. It helps that you also pick up the Helghast / Helghan style in multimedia and likely mental approach, which is a plus for me. I'm generally a fan of those - maybe not individual actions, but the general faction. I'd say the Half-Life 2 cops also fit the bill of "gas mask antagonists" and I played their roles in some RP setting for years on end. Call me biased therefore, maybe.

I think it's the advertising and marketing and the relative success so far. Honestly, keep it up and you'll do great things. Can't see you fail any time soon, at least. Reach for the stars and you shall obtain them.

We indeed marketed ourselves that way on purpose, while we are very militaristic in nature we still wanna put a fun twist on what we do and our overall theme. So you will see a nod to a few favorite Scifi favorites of ours like Killzone as you have noticed. Another would be the Federation from Starship Troopers, the Empire from Star Wars or the UNSC from Halo among others. The overall theme is very 1940's Germany but only in artistic taste not in action. We are an org founded and ran by active and retired military members and have a go get em mentality as well as a we got your back no matter what stance when it comes to our members. We are striving to make sure we stand out from all the other orgs out there and are Unique in our own way. We've actually taken notice of new orgs popping up or existing ones now imitating us in one way or another. Its flattering but best part is its keeping us on our toes. Thank you for your words of support. Please stop by and say hello if you haven't already.