please delete, old Empire thread. [Outdated]

Kytheum

Normally i would you wish good luck and such, but i'm quite salty about your Org.

You ask why? Simple, because of your propaganda spamming on the community site, with artwork that probably isn't even yours. Normally i wouldn't mind, but your propaganda is flooding the featured posts board, which pushes posts from other orgs out, that have actually made an effort to create something on their own. I have absolutely no problem with the fact that you're posting this stuff, but i have a problem with the mass of it, it is really annoying.

Anyways, sorry that i broke the holy unwritten forum rule to only write nice stuff in others org introductions, have a nice one

Who minds the artworks ain't his? We can use whatever we want if we don't say its ours whereas it's not. Only fools would join an Org considering only its artwork, whether or not its their. No offence, the art confection doesn't make you coding nor building well calculated structures that will hold water. Join an org of artist if you want, the art 'propaganda' is firstly made to project ourselves into what the org wishes to perform.

Who minds the artworks ain't his? We can use whatever we want if we don't say its ours whereas it's not. Only fools would join an Org considering only its artwork, whether or not its their. No offence, the art confection doesn't make you coding nor building well calculated structures that will hold water. Join an org of artist if you want, the art 'propaganda' is firstly made to project ourselves into what the org wishes to perform.

LOL im sorry but are you serious? Disney cares about people using their images and video without their permission. The artists who poured their hearts into making these pictures could care. You could actually be sued for using the art, if the artist doesnt want you using it.  Using your own art shows how creative you are. Look at all of the top orgs, most of them only use their own artwork. And Empire has benefited from working on, using their own work. 

So MANY people care if the art work isnt yours. 

LOL im sorry but are you serious? Disney cares about people using their images and video without their permission. The artists who poured their hearts into making these pictures could care. You could actually be sued for using the art, if the artist doesnt want you using it.  Using your own art shows how creative you are. Look at all of the top orgs, most of them only use their own artwork. And Empire has benefited from working on, using their own work. 

So MANY people care if the art work isnt yours. 

OK I am wrong. Disney care I believe. I would say raw material with no remix is absolutely out of the law, but the 'fair use' is a blurred line in the law, particularly because it differs from state to state.

Look at this if the application of Copyright in the forums interests you: https://cfiesler.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/fiesler_cscw2015.pdf

'It  (the fair use) can  also  allow  for  creative  re-uses  such  as remix.'

I just put this here I don't intend to say modified (and only modified, with original author stated) content is charges-free.

Last point. Of course the self-created art is showing a creative side of your org, but it does not makes all. Remix can be easier to come up with and is yet better than nothing when it comes to imaging what you intend. So you declare the Empire only has self-created artwork, I really don't know about that please light me up thanks? EDIT: I re-read the beginning of the thread, Kytheum talked about having the art under 'fair use' too, rightly because his presentation looks like a creative re-use, to me.

Thank you for your reply, all what's copyright is a smoky land to me. I wouldn't steal one's artwork.

yes but copyright laws are sketchy and Disney has some good lawyers (not that im that worried, they probably only go after people making $ of their copyrighted material). Every time a motorola "droid" phone was sold Disney made $.  I used to do the same thing, until we got "yelled" at by the community. But we have done our best to stop. 

yes but copyright laws are sketchy and Disney has some good lawyers (not that im that worried, they probably only go after people making $ of their copyrighted material). Every time a motorola "droid" phone was sold Disney made $.  I used to do the same thing, until we got "yelled" at by the community. But we have done our best to stop. 

Anyone can be sued for anything. It's just how well you can avoid it. Disney and Especially star wars is a massive community and Disney loves that. They seem to be fine with Fan art and creative uses. Do you see Youtube videos with Star Wars content getting stuck down? No does fanart? No, do FanClubs? No. But they are very touchy on the Subject of Star Wars Games. Since they signed a deal with EA. Any star wars Game must be made by EA. And EA is very tight with image use. So in a way using Star Wars content to a degree should be fine as long as it's not saying "Look here this is Star Wars!". NQ doesn't want EA knocking on their door. So I think that's why Star Wars imagery in gaming areas is very risky. 

Also remixing Images like Leonis seems to be fine I wouldn't touch Star Wars, but using Imagery from Google images and giving it a touch up like i do like My signatures and my Information panels should be fine. usually, the artists that produce them are happy to see them be used. Or they simply don't care.

Anyway. The Empire is pushing itself away but it did use the Empire as a template and we like to keep a bit of the Star Wars feel. That's why there are a few Star Wars ranks and why our ship designs are transformed look-alikes of Actual Star Wars ones. IN my head Dual Universe is a Canvas and anything made in it is Fan-Art like using Photoshop. 

Beautiful. So the cockpit is about 2.8 meters :o. That's quite a huge machine. Maybe a second place at the rear? Or to carry things?

Hopefully, I'll start looking into it more and more before release.

Hopefully, I'll start looking into it more and more before release.

Yes. Well the design is cool and the squared background really gives an identity to the designs. We know it's from the Empire. You do that all yourself?

Yes. Well the design is cool and the squared background really gives an identity to the designs. We know it's from the Empire. You do that all yourself?

I based it off old fan concept for a movie and modified it so it can be slightly better and fit it with Dual Universe better.

Hello;

Your designs, whilst inspired by SW, are different enough to be their own, and they are quite cool. Definitely looks fitting for an imperial faction. Whilst we cannot do business with you due to our ethical and moral commitments, we can wish you good luck and hope to some day see our ship designs battle against yours.

Hello;

Your designs, whilst inspired by SW, are different enough to be their own, and they are quite cool. Definitely looks fitting for an imperial faction. Whilst we cannot do business with you due to our ethical and moral commitments, we can wish you good luck and hope to some day see our ship designs battle against yours.

Thank you. Narrow minded.

Says the imp.

Seriously though, I offer a compliment and it gets thrown in my face?

Sure.

Just remember, we don't have to make a large profit on everything, and there are some groups that do not like Imperials who could do with some extra equipment. Just saying.

Says the imp.

Seriously though, I offer a compliment and it gets thrown in my face?

Sure.

Just remember, we don't have to make a large profit on everything, and there are some groups that do not like Imperials who could do with some extra equipment. Just saying.

Don't say imp x), for me an 'imp' is a little Devil. And, as far as I'm concerned, I'm no small person. lmao, spades day.

Then, you forgot the 'thank you'. I didn't crossed the 'thank you' but the 'Narrow minded'.

'extra equipment'? What do you mean.

You still typed it.

Extra equipment... now that would be telling wouldn't it?

Okay.. I still typed it to have a little talk. And I don't think about making a 'large profit on everything'. I don't know where you got that from.

Hello;

Thank you. 

Okay.. I still typed it to have a little talk. And I don't think about making a 'large profit on everything'. I don't know where you got that from.

Imps don't have to worry about profit. That's not what I was saying.

I was saying that usually corporations chase profits. But VC is not a profit hungry corporation. Our primary purpose is to improve human civilization, our ethics demand democratic representation of all humans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...