Android IOS support for using defense.

OrpheusClayBlades

5 hours ago, OrpheusClayBlades said:

This would probably be a long time after launch but kinda think it would be cool. If say a attacker hits your city but you cant be on a comp you could use your phone to operate a defense system like a turret to defend your cities and bases.

Not a bad idea There were rumors of notifications that way...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 2:51 AM, Lethys said:

Notifications, yes. But I'm against doing smth ingame while not being online. DU bis a social game. Get ppl together to do that. That's what orgs are there for. 

"Yo our base is under attack! Get on!"

"Okay. I got the notification. Let me turn on the pc."

*Windows is updating. 0/25*

"S**t! I should have gotten that SSD when it was on sale"

20 minutes later..

*Dual Universe is updating . 0/8192 MB*

"Screw this game"

EDIT: this is an extreme case to illustrate my point.

The point is that rapid response is important and the person with faster  loading shouldn't get an advantage like how people with faster internet shouldn't get and advantage .

Your situation is a lot more than just “Fast internet”. Like, that’s a real reach there. That someone would just so happen to have to update their OS, and a game that (I would assume) they play a lot, since they get mobile notifications for it.

2 hours ago, 0something0 said:

"Yo our base is under attack! Get on!"

"Okay. I got the notification. Let me turn on the pc."

*Windows is updating. 0/25*

"S**t! I should have gotten that SSD when it was on sale"

20 minutes later..

*Dual Universe is updating . 0/8192 MB*

"Screw this game"

The point is that rapid response is important and the person with faster  loading shouldn't get an advantage like how people with faster internet shouldn't get and advantage .

Yeah, well that's your problem then lol

1 hour ago, CommanderLouiz said:

Your situation is a lot more than just “Fast internet”. Like, that’s a real reach there. That someone would just so happen to have to update their OS, and a game that (I would assume) they play a lot, since they get mobile notifications for it.

I mean, its an extreme scenario to illustrate a point .

On 5/25/2018 at 9:55 PM, Queejon said:

I think it would still be great to have. A small feature like that, or operating something similiar like a small mining drone or something. 

I would agree that a notifications would be a good feature however controlling and operating ingame constructs or parts would not be a good addition.

As far as mining drones: Mining Drones are not a thing in Dual Universe and are not planned. The idea is basically boycotted by NovaQuark at this point. They have reiterated many times that mining all has to be done by hand by players. This is so that bigger organizations or ingame companies couldn't steal the entire mining economy away from other players among many other reasons.

And as stated by other users features like this could be easily exploited.

3 minutes ago, musicianmadness said:

I would agree that a notifications would be a good feature however controlling and operating ingame constructs or parts would not be a good addition.

As far as mining drones: Mining Drones are not a thing in Dual Universe and are not planned. The idea is basically boycotted by NovaQuark at this point. They have reiterated many times that mining all has to be done by hand by players. This is so that bigger organizations or ingame companies couldn't steal the entire mining economy away from other players among many other reasons.

And as stated by other users features like this could be easily exploited.

I realize that it's exploitable, but making a completely unexploitable game is near impossible. I also just would love to see NQ keep mobile integration in mind, as I personally think that's where a lot of the newest innovation is. 

14 minutes ago, Queejon said:

I realize that it's exploitable, but making a completely unexploitable game is near impossible. I also just would love to see NQ keep mobile integration in mind, as I personally think that's where a lot of the newest innovation is. 

I agree that it is unavoidable. And it would be an interesting thing to consider. I'm sorry if I sounded really against it, I just have concerns as well as ambitions with that kind of game mechanic in mind.

1 hour ago, musicianmadness said:

I agree that it is unavoidable. And it would be an interesting thing to consider. I'm sorry if I sounded really against it, I just have concerns as well as ambitions with that kind of game mechanic in mind.

Glad to hear someone has the same mindset as me when it comes to this! :)

Im happy with email notification of attacks. I dont really want api's exposed for the market,  for defense, markets or whatever.

Hear me out on this.

The more you externalise the game, the less need you have to be IN the game. Ive seen this happen with Second Life. The ability to sell SL in-game player made items online killed much of the in game commerce transactions. This trickled down to the land owners and affected their income as well other issues.

I have no issue with player discovered in-game info being displayed on a web site however - just no API direct link to the game. That diminishes the jobs of scouts etc in-game.

It may seem like a convenience feature to play a bit via mobile, or even on a browser while at work etc.,  but the end result is to diminish what happens in game, diluting immersion and reducing the number and types of interactions that can occur in game.