RUN !! The Space Monster is Coming !!!!

LynkxDev

Speaking about science fiction, we have read and watch many monster stories, about how an unknown evil comes from space to wipe our race.

And since the game is a Survival MMO, i think Novaquark has spoken to few about the PVE content 

Will planets have monsters to fight ?
Intelligent Alien races (again) to fight with ? 

I love to make friends and hunt for bosses and power full mob spawns, any one here like PVE content ?
Powerful PVE enforces player interaction and friendship, where a only PVP game only enforces aggression 

One of the great 'events' of a MMO is to fight big bosses, like on Lineage2 where the main PVP/PVE bosses spawns only once a month, and all alliances must PVP to get the chance to kill that boss and guarantee the rare items to their faction. 

Also DU can have some Bosses that spawn on PVP zones, easy to take where you can kill with your friends and probably fight some other few players during the boss fight. 

space_monster_by_benttibisson.jpg

I believe that animals are a stretch goal before release. I wouldn't mind if some were harder to kill and dropped some type of valuable crafting material. However i think large boss fights and huge PVE monsters are outside of the goals of the dev team. Large pve fights require a lot of mechanics and modeling time and are usually highly scripted to make it feel like a big event. This would be the opposite of DU teams core idea that they are not content creators. That players create the content. If you do one big pve boss people will expect more and expect them to be well thought out fights. It's jut not the business the DU team wants to get into.

Well, maybe they will let US place monsters in the world?  It would be awesome to have a bunch of beasties protecting my booty :P

It shouldn't be to hard to make a giant creature/ mech style ship and use the programming to script it to your bidding aha

Let me preface by saying I actually like all the ideas in this thread so this isn't meant to be argumentative just supplemental. 

I think it would be cool if instead of NPC bosses, the NQ employees occasionally had events where they control a small army and spawn them selves around some populated areas for players to go fight. Like a big event every now and then.

And to NQ employees, doesn't that sound like a fun day at work instead of coding and what not :)

...That players create the content...

I love the idea that players can create everything, but how far will our craft API will go ?

and also players "can" not exclude the dev team the duty. The developers must deliver a game that's not only technological advanced with seamless world, but content rich and alive. See No Man's Sky ? its beautiful, but borrrriiiinnnng  because you have an endless universe with nothing to do!

I sadly say that

If there is no PVE content at all this will become a poor game, an MMO is all about make friends, team up, and exploration. Join this to a great market and competitive PVP is what makes a game that you want to stay in as much as you can.

and PVE is responsible to kep a lot of players on a MMO and stimulate players to team up and socialize, difficult and timed big bosses battles,

(Plz don't ever do raids like wow, their veryyy boring after some times)

hard to access areas, rare mats droped only on a spot controlled by an hostile race. 

Or this race can be like star ship troopers Bugs, that attack your planet for its resources,

There is a lot of possibilities available that are lore friendly and plausive to make a rich PVE content.

but..

If they the objective of Novaquark is to delivery a lot of players on a "Battle Roiale"  arena shaped like a galaxy with no other objective them survive and kill all others, DU will become an space PVP arena and will fail as MMO game.

This game have the potential to be the best game of next years and have more than 10k player on 24/7 on its server,

this

No thank you, I am quite okay with having a completely player controlled game without an emphasis on PVE outside of interacting with the environment to build things and gather materials for survival purposes.

NPC Animals sure, space whales sure, balloon like creatures that survive in the clouds of gas giants sure, even hostile creatures on a planet would be cool, but I'm not keen on having NPC bosses just for the sake of giving players something to do as a group. 

There is also a balance between how much emphasis really needs to be put on creatures versus emphasis on adding more game features and elements. They are working from a limited amount of artists, so while it would be cool to have animals on every planet, my guess is that the kickstarter will determine how much of that actually exists at release.

I don't foresee it being a big focus until the big bucks start pouring in though. 

my guess is that the kickstarter will determine how much of that actually exists at release.

Hey i never told that they need to implement everything at game launch,

it may be include after 1st game year or so.

Speaking about science fiction, we have read and watch many monster stories, about how an unknown evil comes from space to wipe our race.

And since the game is a Survival MMO, i think Novaquark has spoken to few about the PVE content 

Will planets have monsters to fight ?

Intelligent Alien races (again) to fight with ? 

I love to make friends and hunt for bosses and power full mob spawns, any one here like PVE content ?

Powerful PVE enforces player interaction and friendship, where a only PVP game only enforces aggression 

One of the great 'events' of a MMO is to fight big bosses, like on Lineage2 where the main PVP/PVE bosses spawns only once a month, and all alliances must PVP to get the chance to kill that boss and guarantee the rare items to their faction. 

Also DU can have some Bosses that spawn on PVP zones, easy to take where you can kill with your friends and probably fight some other few players during the boss fight. 

space_monster_by_benttibisson.jpg

I think other players will be plenty dangerous, we do not need spacemonsters. Frankly, from your posts, it seem you want the game to move in a completely different direction than the one the devs have indicated so far. I suggest you go read up on what the devs are planning for the game and think about whether this is the game you are looking for.

Edit: I made a false statement in my original post, removed it