Builder dreams

Sekmeth

I would love to have the ability to mirror your ship, so you can build a large ship and make sure you can achieve symmetry (if that is what you want) in any axis you desire.

Also the ability to blueprint (or what ever term you would like to use) your ship/station/drone/skyscraper(and so on), either for future use or to share/sell to others. 

I would also be nice to have some sort of in-game mechanic to allow you to i.e. mass produce a certain ship, module and so on. So once you have a nice design for a fighter you can mass produce it and ship it to the front line or anywhere it may be needed.

Also a way to merge "grids", so you can build a station or ship in modules, and later on merge them together. Or i.e. build and send out a modular ship, that once it reaches its destination (be that within the influence of the same star, or a distant one) it can be disassembled and reassembled into a small orbital facility for example. You could have your main base of operation at a location which is abundant with raw resources and ship modules to an orbital facility that is in an area that has tactical value, but no infrastructure to build your base of operation. 

It would also be awesome if we could have some sort of basic or limited ability to build and program drones, drones that could be setup to do anything from:

• basic defence (i.e. orbital gun turrets and such)
  • scouting drones (i.e. programmed to do a wide orbit of a planet you are wanting to exploit)
  • space mines (need I say more? lay dormant using minimal power, using whatever ingame mechanic there is to avoid detection, and flare to life once its radar/ladar/lidar (or what ever ingame system you will have available) detects another object and track towards the target)
  • Repair drones (using any ingame mechanics for doing repairs, detecting the player structure it is designated to detect using fof if available and attempting to repair the structure)

I would love to have the ability to mirror your ship, so you can build a large ship and make sure you can achieve symmetry (if that is what you want) in any axis you desire.

Also the ability to blueprint (or what ever term you would like to use) your ship/station/drone/skyscraper(and so on), either for future use or to share/sell to others. 

I would also be nice to have some sort of in-game mechanic to allow you to i.e. mass produce a certain ship, module and so on. So once you have a nice design for a fighter you can mass produce it and ship it to the front line or anywhere it may be needed.

Also a way to merge "grids", so you can build a station or ship in modules, and later on merge them together. Or i.e. build and send out a modular ship, that once it reaches its destination (be that within the influence of the same star, or a distant one) it can be disassembled and reassembled into a small orbital facility for example. You could have your main base of operation at a location which is abundant with raw resources and ship modules to an orbital facility that is in an area that has tactical value, but no infrastructure to build your base of operation. 

It would also be awesome if we could have some sort of basic or limited ability to build and program drones, drones that could be setup to do anything from:

• basic defence (i.e. orbital gun turrets and such)
  • scouting drones (i.e. programmed to do a wide orbit of a planet you are wanting to exploit)
  • space mines (need I say more? lay dormant using minimal power, using whatever ingame mechanic there is to avoid detection, and flare to life once its radar/ladar/lidar (or what ever ingame system you will have available) detects another object and track towards the target)
  • Repair drones (using any ingame mechanics for doing repairs, detecting the player structure it is designated to detect using fof if available and attempting to repair the structure)

Actually, these are not just "dreams". You can find information about almost everything in your post on this forum.

Check out this topic: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1122-dual-universe-faqsources/?p=13011

Actually, these are not just "dreams". You can find information about almost everything in your post on this forum.

Check out this topic: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1122-dual-universe-faqsources/?p=13011

I realized that after I posted this and was actually shocked :) Only thing I am missing is the ability to sell the "blueprints" and "merge and "unmerge" parts of a structure. But I am more than blown away from the plans of this game :)

The devs did say that we can create blueprints of the design which  can be further used to mass produce designs, and also sell those blueprints. The ability to merge blocks will also probably be there :)

Surely you should already be able to merge blocks, since technically (and philosophically) every new block you add to the previous one 'merges' with it. And merging two pre-existing blocks with a third one down the middle was also already showcased too.