Dual Universe Exile Mod?

Blackhawk-1

Guys, first of all, thank you for making my life have a meaning every day at work knowing you are working on Dual Universe.

Secondly please forgive me if this idea is already discussed, I don't have much time to read forums.

I start from the idea that you know the Arma 3 Exile Mod Base mechanics.

This Idea is in order for you to manage bases and RAIDS

The idea is:

• To be able to place/build defenses on your base (automated).
  • Be able to give your friends permissions to come open your bases using codes or in-game buddy system/clan system. 
  • If someone attacks a friend's base, you won't be penalized if you kill him.
  • The ability of the base to have several layers/quality of protection (so you use your best materials to protect what is valuable for you).
  • Make raiding an expensive trade and highly dangerous (but possible).
  • Make it so the attackers on your base take at least half an hour to penetrate the weakest base defense.
  • Avoid pay to raid, I mean if you are rich in game, it will be still hard for you to penetrate another's player base defenses.
  • Clan alert system that a friendly base is being raided.
  • If the attacker dies to the base defenses, make it so they spawn far away and will take time and fuel/resources for them to come back. This gives clan mates or friends time to get to your base and better defend it, by building more stuff or manning the guns of defense systems.
  • You can pay NPC gangs for base protection so if your base is attacked at least 1 ship will shop up firing.
  • The quality of the NPC protector will be determined by the amount of cash you pay in-game weekly.
  • I know this one is crazy but maybe have an email notification if your base is being raided? develop an app for DU that does this right to your cell phone?

Those are my ideas, please provide feedback if you want, and again thanks for your time and awesome contribution to our dreams!

Also to the gamers out there and sim lovers, I have a sim gaming community, if you want to ping me to create projects feel free to do it.

Uhm....what?

6 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

To be able to place/build defenses on your base (automated).

It takes resources, but it's planned to have (weaker) automated defenses in static cores

7 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Be able to give your friends permissions to come open your bases using codes or in-game buddy system/clan system. 

RDMS - it's your friend here

7 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

If someone attacks a friend's base, you won't be penalized if you kill him.

Who/what should penalize you? You kill him. That's it. If He places a bounty (however that may look like) on you then that's His choice. There are no mechanics to inherently penalize you (cause those are stupid mechanics)

10 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The ability of the base to have several layers/quality of protection (so you use your best materials to protect what is valuable for you).

Just build it that way by mining different resources, producing different armor voxels and place them accordingly

11 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Make raiding an expensive trade and highly dangerous (but possible).

That's Up to the defenders really. You can have protection bubbles which Go into invul mode once attacked (with dmg threshold or whatever) for 48h. You get a mail in that Case to notify you. In that time, defenders can organize a force to repell attackers. If none show Up, the attackers just kills the shield and takes whatever He wants.

14 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Make it so the attackers on your base take at least half an hour to penetrate the weakest base defense.

Already answered

14 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Avoid pay to raid, I mean if you are rich in game, it will be still hard for you to penetrate another's player base defenses.

Depends. If you're rich you can hire mercs....more ppl = more dmg

16 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Clan alert system that a friendly base is being raided.

See above

16 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

If the attacker dies to the base defenses, make it so they spawn far away and will take time and fuel/resources for them to come back. This gives clan mates or friends time to get to your base and better defend it, by building more stuff or manning the guns of defense systems.

If you die you respawn at the nearest resurrection node. If you brought one with you, you can spawn relatively near the action again. It's up to your Scouts to find those RN-stores and destroy them to prevent the enemy from fast Recovery after death

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

If someone attacks a friend's base, you won't be penalized if you kill him

there isnt any penalty in game when you kill somebody. Only consequence after that you have to deal with. 

Like : You and your friend kill someone that wander around but that person is some big guy in a big org. Now they will come to revenge and swarm your base.

And a lot of situation will arise as a chain for each your action because we are all player in game, you cant predict the outcome.

All the left is like Lethys andCoreVamore and Nanoman said.

This is not Rust. . . 

More of a sandbox MMO with political mechanics more akin to those of EvE Online. If you do not want to have people take your stuff, make friends. While you are offline if they are online, then they can take care of the snoops, or even notify you that something is going down. 

As to protecting your constructs - eventually basic AI defensive turrets will be implemented; "probably in the construct v construct / pvp patch." Until then there is very little to worry about. 

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Yay thank you all for your amazing input, this is more and more exciting every day! I can't wait to play it, I'm buying the alpha test access soon.

just a quick reminder, we're currently in the pre-alpha phase, that means we don't have all game loops implemented yet. You sound so enthusiastic that i just wanted to remind you that the pre-alpha isn't the finished game^^

9 hours ago, vylqun said:

just a quick reminder, we're currently in the pre-alpha phase, that means we don't have all game loops implemented yet. You sound so enthusiastic that i just wanted to remind you that the pre-alpha isn't the finished game^^

Oh yes thanks, we are aware of that, we still want to support the game and the awesome community it has!

On 5/10/2018 at 7:49 PM, Blackhawk said:
  • If someone attacks a friend's base, you won't be penalized if you kill him.

There might be cases where you might be flagged as hostile by RDMS for doing that, but there probably are ways to make it not do that.

57 minutes ago, 0something0 said:

There might be cases where you might be flagged as hostile by RDMS for doing that, but there probably are ways to make it not do that.

There isnt any flag should be in here i think. In lawless land you can kill anyone you want, in claim territory you have to follow the RDMs but owner of that territory basically I think still can kill you but different is you cant kill them unless declear war or raid ?!