Is the Game Worth it ?

Rom35700

Hey, so I'm just beginning to look into Dual Univers but IDK if it's worth it to buy the game rn. I got Star Citizen but that game is just too much for my old PC so I'd like to make sure I don't make the same mistake twice. So I have a few Question :

1) The site says 8G of RAM is the minimum but is that true ? (it wasn't for SC)

2) Do I need to know how to code ? I looks like code will be integrated into the game just like it is for Space Engineers, is it ? (if so what lenguage)

3) How come there isn't any gameplay videos online ? do you sign an NDA as you buy one of the packs ?

4) If I buy a pack (most likely the basic one) am I guaranteed immediate acces to evverything that is currently available ?

5) Is the game FUN ?! (solo as well as in groups)

6) How much time do I need to inves in to truly enjoy the game ?

@Rom35700

1) I have 16G, so I can not say how it runs on anything less.

2) The language is Lua.  You do not need to code to play.  It is an option that makes more things possible, but not essential.

3) There is an NDA.  Players can not post videos or screenshots anywhere.  We can not discuss our experiences during the test sessions outside of private forums for those who have access.

4) The basic pack does not give you immediate access.  Only the patron pack gives access now.  The contributor and sponsor packs give access to later stages of testing.  We do not yet know when those stages will start.

5) Because of the NDA, I can not describe what the sessions are like now.  The purpose of the current sessions is testing the game, not providing a fun experience.  That does not mean they are not enjoyable, but the game still is in an early stage of development.  Anyone who expected a complete game they could start playing right now would be disappointed.

6) The time needed will depend on what you want to accomplish.  It is still too early to know how time will be needed for what a typical player wants to do.

On 10/05/2018 at 3:04 AM, Rom35700 said:

Hey, so I'm just beginning to look into Dual Univers but IDK if it's worth it to buy the game rn. I got Star Citizen but that game is just too much for my old PC so I'd like to make sure I don't make the same mistake twice. So I have a few Question :

1) The site says 8G of RAM is the minimum but is that true ? (it wasn't for SC)

2) Do I need to know how to code ? I looks like code will be integrated into the game just like it is for Space Engineers, is it ? (if so what lenguage)

3) How come there isn't any gameplay videos online ? do you sign an NDA as you buy one of the packs ?

4) If I buy a pack (most likely the basic one) am I guaranteed immediate acces to evverything that is currently available ?

Because the game is still in Pre-Alpha you have a big chance that the game is not optimized for low end machines. I’d suggest you to wait or contact the devs somehow if you want to know the exact minimum requirements. That is what I would do in your case :)

I believe the best choise is to watch all dev blogs and decide whether you like what you see so much, that you want to pay 180euro or not right now. From my point of view the price is pretty high and as supporter packs will be available right until beta starts - there is enough time to make a decision and wait for more infromation from official source. 

Also keep in mind that currently NQ will make at least one full wipe for each testing stage, so there won't be advantage after release except some personal knowledge about the game. 

IF you ask the questions you ask you are not  ready for the early stages the game is in now. Take some time to read posts, watch videos and generally educate yourself on the game and when you feel you are able/ready/willing to get in choose the pack that suits you.

The least expensive supporter pack will allow access with Alpha2, a milestone which will not be reached for quite some time.

Thank you all for your replies, they have been very infomative. 

also

On 5/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, blazemonger said:

IF you ask the questions you ask you are not  ready for the early stages the game is in now. Take some time to read posts, watch videos and generally educate yourself on the game 

dude I've been trying but aside from the forum there isn't much to work with.

:D

3 hours ago, Rom35700 said:

dude I've been trying but aside from the forum there isn't much to work with

There are several dual universe youtube vids and dev diaries from NQ  that have quite a bit on them

While I can not tell you anything directly about the game, the last play-test being 5/12-14 is public information.

I can, however, tell you that during those 3 days I slept for about 7-8 hours total, and about 80% of my waking time was spent at my computer, with most of that time being dedicated to video gaming.
From that you may deduct as you wish. ;)

4 hours ago, Megaddd said:

While I can not tell you anything directly about the game, the last play-test being 5/12-14 is public information.

I can, however, tell you that during those 3 days I slept for about 7-8 hours total, and about 80% of my waking time was spent at my computer, with most of that time being dedicated to video gaming.
From that you may deduct as you wish. ;)

Damn son

You are better off waiting until NQ determine the NDA is to be lifted then it is obvious:-

1. Technically it is ready

2. You can determine directly the game play quality for you.

Don't make the same mistake you've already made with SC. On that subject have you looked into a refund. You could then always repurchase with no significant loss and absolute risk removal on that money, that way, and even reinvest it into DU anyway. /suggestion.

On 10/05/2018 at 2:04 AM, Rom35700 said:

If you're thinking in terms of "Early Access", which is usually understood to be a fully playable version of a game, but with some bugs and ongoing development, you will be disappointed.

DU is in pre-alpha, there isn't much "game" yet, and we only get access to the servers one day a week. Most people that have bought in up to this point have done so because they feel the game will be worthwhile, and are therefore willing to support the development with upfront cash in exchange for a great game later. The actual game play we're getting currently is not what we're paying $100+ for, we all believe we'll get our value for money later, that's what crowdfunding is all about, after all.

If you really want to enjoy just playing the game, wait until late in alpha2 or even beta, because by then we will probably have 24/7 access and almost all the features will be implemented.

I like building. I like building things with friends. I love showing off my constructs to others. I like screaming “for science!” as we try to break the game. I like figuring out what can be done and should different and passing that to Nova Quark. I’m ok with doing this once a week (for now). I like knowing I’m helping make this game better so it’s worth it to me. 

If you’re not that person. If you want a game that’s almost done then it’s not for you at this point.