Curves like these

Thainz

I can't tell you how it currently is, but this kind of geometry could be possible, technically within the voxel engine, if you don't have details that are much smaller than the voxel size. Although in any voxel-based editor, you're gonna be taking your sweet time re-creating those curves and angles without a straight model import.

I was really hoping to be able to import cad models then have the game splice into voxels but Render the curvature. By splice I mean like cut the solid in vertical and horizontal cubic sections of that makes any sense. But from what I have found you won’t be able to import anything from outside of the game 

On 7.5.2018 at 8:59 PM, Thainz said:

Can I get some curves like these? 

C6168842-2A48-4F4F-BA53-30F44480C1A7.jpeg

no, you can't do exactly like this...but in the tutorial video you can get some tips how you can do it similar looking...after investing of whole testing weekend, you might get something ;-)

@Thainz yes! Every shape is possible, you just need to be a good voxelmancer and make it~ I have seen people pull of crazy complicate shapes, but it took them hours to make them just right.

10 hours ago, Sofernius said:

@Thainz yes! Every shape is possible, you just need to be a good voxelmancer and make it~ I have seen people pull of crazy complicate shapes, but it took them hours to make them just right.

Thank god (or NQ :P ) that we can make blueprints of our constructs or there would be LOT's of tears when a construct is destroyed/damaged  ;)

46 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Thank god (or NQ :P ) that we can make blueprints of our constructs or there would be LOT's of tears when a construct is destroyed/damaged  ;)

Sadly to say that was on another voxelgame :3.

But basically any voxel game should be capable of makeing anyweird shapes you ever require.

Google Landmark Voxelmancy and a few examples and tuturials will pop up.

Bound to be PREETTTTYYY similar, as i think the voxel engine comes with a bunch of tools prepacked from it's creator.

Only the tidbits of sharpeing these tools to Dual might be leftover.

Something like this thin rod should be feasible even in DUAL.

Bvx5eOlCcAAH39J.png

Bmw0WQzCAAAlcVK.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvRDQVu2CFBB_tRGQ2WNk

A few examples from Landmark, RIP dear old friend. And damm you Sony ...

On 7.5.2018 at 8:59 PM, Thainz said:

Can I get some curves like these? 

0B80C804-DB7F-4D26-BA4D-C1347FAFBD2E.jpeg

C6168842-2A48-4F4F-BA53-30F44480C1A7.jpeg

F4D12B5D-2494-4082-BD71-679027E00477.jpeg

Found a good example from Landmark, which was a voxel engine based game.

nji8.png

With curves like these you learn to live again
With curves like these you give and give again
With curves like these you learn to love again
With curves like these time and time again

Don’t see any Fredelas circles. What kind of shop is that?!? Lol. 

We’re trying to get back into the voxel swing of things. Hit up / join the Prophet Rocket Foundry (full of ex-landmarians) and we can see about getting it done. :) We’ve got some stuff going on. :D

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/prophet-rocket-foundry#tab-description

• 2 weeks later...

All voxel engines are not created equal, of course.

There's no implicit guarantee that DU's engine will allow everything that was possible in Landmark. The scope of DU's game world may possibly limit certain aspects of "voxelmancy", due to the associated server loads, etc.

It remains to be seen what can and can't be done in DU's voxel world.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 10:13 PM, Spider said:

and like LM that wont be found out until the players push that envelope.

Oh Spider.. we defiantly are trying ol buddy ol pal. :D

On 5/26/2018 at 4:19 AM, NanoDot said:

There's no implicit guarantee that DU's engine will allow everything that was possible in Landmark.

It remains to be seen what can and can't be done in DU's voxel world.

For what it's worth I can already offset a vertex by 1/2 a voxel more than I could in landmark

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 9:43 PM, Pantera said:

Oh the things I wish I could share 

I know, right?  I mean if the "space" isn't voxels that need to be 'cleaned', builds have some amazing potential.  I can even see how I might approach the OP's design.

Well tomorrow will be my first day - so be gentle with me.  I'm looking forward to checking out as much as I possibly can.  :)

18 minutes ago, Bearsoul said:

I know, right?  I mean if the "space" isn't voxels that need to be 'cleaned', builds have some amazing potential.  I can even see how I might approach the OP's design.

Well tomorrow will be my first day - so be gentle with me.  I'm looking forward to checking out as much as I possibly can.  :)

Welcome. :) Ex-Landmarkian or new to voxels?