Recruit Me

Name: Yamamushi

Region/Timezone: All the time

Language: English

What type of Organization are you looking for?

I am looking for an organization of people who want to help organize events and that will value what I have to bring to the table.

Desired role(s) you wish to play in-game: 

Events organizer, project manager. I have started numerous projects in and out of DU. If you know who I am, then you know what I can do for you.

Roleplay interest?

Yes

Other: 

As I've told others, I am not going to fill out your application to join your group. If you want me for my talents and for what I have to bring to the table, then you already know what I've done in DU and you presumably want to help those efforts. If that is roadblocked by me filling out a form to join your group, then you don't value me anyways and quite honestly I'd rather work alone than with people who are going to treat me like another cog in the machine. I already have a day job, I don't need a second one. 

I'm looking for a group that will work as hard as I do on things and has people that are excited to jump in and assist on projects. 

I'm not looking for org drama, I'm not looking for people that are going to micromanage me and tell me what to do. I want the freedom to keep working on these projects under someone's banner so that I can get help with them (DU Radio, The Contests I run, the giveaways I've had, the physical items I've had made, the list goes on). So it goes without saying that I am looking for an org with at least a handful of motivated people in it, and not solo orgs or people who don't have the time to work with me on anything. 

I don't have a lot of high hopes posting here, and more and more it seems like I'm just going to end up playing the game alone, but I figured someone out there might be interested in having me under their umbrella.

Preferred contact method: 

Discord

You wrote a nice selling list but sadly my organization Tranquility does not hold the numbers of people yet that you are looking for although  would love to support you and have you as part of tranquility. Therefor i will not offer a place now in respect of what you are asking for. But i offer a place to rest your soul  after a hard day of work. Feel free to visit our resorts and floating city. And if you do feel a match we do not have lists to fill.

I do offer the best organization in existence: Liar Lair!

This is an extreme and brutal fascist organization focusing on the good of the government and not the people.

Why would you want to join this?

Dunno. Just join Terran Union (did it dissolved yet?) or SP.

@yamamushi, would you be interested in in joining the https://www.astrumempire.com as our Communications Outreach Protocol General?

The position includes but is not limited to doing what you like. Doing projects to help draw new members into the empire. 

Projects can be from simple give aways, to hosting events within the realm of dual universe; such as; races, building contests, qnas live streams etc.

The limit is your imagination. Anything that would interest new members and to help keep alive the Empire is the goal. 

Essentially, a community manager! 

Astrum Empire is ready for you. No application BS. No questions. 

Are you ready?

Comrademoco

Emperor - Astrum Empire

Hi there,

I realize it says Discord, but since I'll be on the move and can't use it for half a day, I'll post here in advance.

Thing is, with prior experience, we actually wanted to put emphasis on forms for applicants. The idea is to weed out people on different levels while getting to know them through a set of questions, and while checking if they were serious in their interest. Checking if they can (and want to) fill out a form (answer questions) that may perhaps take them a few minutes to 1-2 dozen minutes to fill out, which isn't a terribly lot of time. Before anyone gets me wrong, I'm not implying "how dare you question holy formal applications!" :)

I'm just providing some insights why people go that route, and it doesn't automatically have to equal becoming another cog in some machine. We, for example, are so far tiny in size which kind of negates the one-of-many or cog in machine aspect.

But apart from that, we're flexible and have created some categories to fit what you look for. I'm now thinking about something like a solid partnership, contractor status, joint projects, etc.

Call it what you want, but basically it would be free reign and working together. Work with, not under a brand.

Now, we've both been around a while, right? I have seen you before, and surely you saw me or rather our group before so you can also already loosely judge whether we are interesting for you or not. If you are not terribly against it we can talk more.

Why us?

We are not big, we do not have a terribly large community imprint on a public level. But we're somewhat handy with multimedia and taking part in some projects like Tortuga or, later on, the Aerospace expo.

I think we have a good foothold and good foundation to grow on or from and could perhaps benefit helping each other with projects. We have something entertainment related planned in the future and promotional content is already being worked on slowly. We also do not mind paying for good solid work. Think of "donations",  of course mostly meant as small token of gratitude, not large to make it look like a salary replacement or boost.

--------------------------

If you (or anyone else reading this) find this remotely interesting, got some skills to bring to the table and/or are willing to obtain them or contribute, then I encourage you to look up "Vulture Corporation" in the org registry here in the forum if you haven't already. I like to think we always had a small community imprint but can have a big community impact if required. We look for creators and those should not mind starting in a small group. In your case, Yama, we can find fitting ways to work together, with little to no paperwork at all.

No matter whether you think it fits or not, feedback is always appreciated so that we can improve.

I thank you for your attention and will see you in DU either way, while also wishing you good luck in your search and of course future projects.

PS: I love typing on mobile. Not.

@yamamushi I'm sure you will (if not already have) find a meaningful place to have fun and contribute. I bet a lot of people, I'll include myself, feeling alone. Looks like you have skills too! Do orgs really have applications? Idk, isn't this supposed to be a social game? I hope you find what you are looking for.

@Warden just not what I was expecting. Kinda seems intimidating, I did see a few say no app needed, so that's encouraging. Guess it depends on the focus of the organization. My opinion, we should always find room and remember its a game.

Hey @yamamushi what do you think about rp with Roberts Rules of Order? That's what I'm offering ?hmm, no, how about gamers vs Roberts Rules of Order? Maybe...? Check out my idea, if you haven't. Partnership for the Creation of Civilization, it's an idea and a work in progress. Message me if you want. I will look for you on discord. I know that this isn't what you are looking for, but maybe interest.

I must say you contradict yourself slightly by saying Yes to role playing, but No to a brief explanation of your roles in your application bio. 
Then again who wants to go around filling out applications.

I would love to have you on board, I assure you micromanagement would only come in the form of tactical battle commands.
You could also be in a position of influence yourself and have your own command orders.
You'll need a platform for your work. I understand your desire to be unbound and self sufficient, I will offer you this with the best of my intention because I am after the same as well. 

Consider the type of direction you want to take in DU philosophically, and please feel free to contact me if our ideas spark interest.
https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/rose-lotus

2 hours ago, dw_ace_918 said:

Hey @yamamushi what do you think about rp with Roberts Rules of Order? That's what I'm offering ?hmm, no, how about gamers vs Roberts Rules of Order? Maybe...? Check out my idea, if you haven't. Partnership for the Creation of Civilization, it's an idea and a work in progress. Message me if you want. I will look for you on discord. I know that this isn't what you are looking for, but maybe interest.

I actually have a copy of Roberts rules of order in the backseat of my car haha