Fake tag/role

ShioriStein

Okay if this idea is else please forgive me because i search anything i can about this but found nothing so i think i should make a topic about it.

Okay like the topic say my idea about a system to fake someone tag/role in a org.

I know you guy will say that this system will somewhat be abuse or exploit but please let me explain about how it "should working in my thought".

Fake someone tag/role:

It is that give player ability to fake someone tag/role so that we can use it to spy , sabotagesteal , ... it will open a whole new gameplay and make the player to think more carefully about what they are doing and going.

How to fake:

About how can we fake other i suggest this ability is a special skill which is a branch of skill tree and that branch will take long time to reach, for those who want to be specific job like spy.

How to fake tag/role is that they must have to stay near a body (dead body should be to prevent some exploit ? or shouldnt ) so that they active this skill then there will be a fake tag/role item in their inventory which they can then active that item to be fake that tag/role which that person holding in an organization to bypass the RDMs system.

Potential exploit:

People will spam it whever they want and also it create a new thing for griefer and troll doing.

Also it will give some player rage that their system RDMS has been bypass and they lost everything.

Way to deal, balance thing:

My thought how to balance it is: some limit on this to prevent troll like any other thing that need limit.

+ Timer: There will be a duration for the fake tag/role, this duration can be increase via skill tree but just a little more ? And also a cooldown so you dont imedially use another fake item after previous one expire and spam it in short time.

+ Limit choose: So one person can be in lot of org so that, due to some memory and thing after dead so the skill only can see some of latest role they are taking before dead ( like i have 5 role in 5 org, now i dead but skill of other too weak so it only see the latest 3 role i i'm taking include role nobody (which role of yourself) so they can only choose one of the latest 3 role that ) and then can only chose one to fake. After that you cant take any role/tag from that body. But i suggest with the progress of the skill the percent of total role you can see to take is increase to the point is 100% or  80 90 ...

+ Limit use: One body,  only one fake can extract from it.

My thought how to counter/deal:

+ Skill prevent: This is special skill or counter skill, it will decrease the role which other can see to fake. Like decrease 20% of total role they can see, so if other can see 70% total skill of your, they will be decrease 20% of 70% or 70% now to 50% but that is just my thought.

+ Because it fake your role/tag doesnt mean it fake your name. It only fake the work you are doing in the name of other.

+ Dont get kill: It work every time.

Profit of this system:

Create more way to play and infiltrate into other base. Imagine your defensive system sabotage right middle of a conflict.

You will got ability to doing some stuff that damage that org but in the name of other ( name of who you extract your fake item ). And from what it done the damage maybe huge or low like declare war to friendly org but that i think wont damage much but it easy to make the reputation gone hell.

Create new tatic, now who hold important role must be carefully to not get your body into the hand of the enemy. So if someone important die that org who have that person high in rank must send a team to recover the body or make sure that body doesnt give the enemy advantage.

Nice idea but its open to abuse - specifically if I used this mechanism to break the EULA and get the impersonated player banned from the game. For example, if I impersonated a character called "ShioriStein" then threatened to kill a player and his real life family. That player then reports ShioriStein for EULA abuse and ShioriStein then gets permanently banned from the game.

Thats a problem ;)

6 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

Nice idea but its open to abuse - specifically if I used this mechanism to break the EULA and get the impersonated player banned from the game. For example, if I impersonated a character called "ShioriStein" then threatened to kill a player and his real life family. That player then reports ShioriStein for EULA abuse and ShioriStein then gets permanently banned from the game.

Thats a problem ;)

Well i think i have not say clear here, in the name of other meaning : Recording of doing and interact in the record system of org ( which NQ have say to control if anyone interact or "take stuff" without permission. So in the name of other is mean record in the system of "ORG" is the name of who you fake.

Like if Jona fake John who hold high ranking in A Org, then Jona steal stuff, turn off defensive system, declear war ... The system inside Org which to record anyone interact or do anything will be the name of John.

And of course NQ as admin can still see the true who did it.

6 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

For example, if I impersonated a character called "ShioriStein" then threatened to kill a player and his real life family

And one again i have said: It doesnt fake your name appear so you cant threatened someone via private chat. If you use Org chat ( which i think it shouldnt too) it will be in the name of org , Ex: Declear war.

I can see that causing drama for orgs as well as NQ.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just create an ALT to join an org to infiltrate it?

That way when 'shit goes down' its the correct character being blamed, not some innocent bystander that is trying to prove their innocence when evidence shows the contrary.

I can only see this being used as a trolling tool instead of a legitimate form of spying/infiltration.

20 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

I can see that causing drama for orgs as well as NQ.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just create an ALT to join an org to infiltrate it?

That way when 'shit goes down' its the correct character being blamed, not some innocent bystander that is trying to prove their innocence when evidence shows the contrary.

I can only see this being used as a trolling tool instead of a legitimate form of spying/infiltration.

As i say, it doesnt and hard to create troll, are you reading first part then stop the mid part and read the last part ? did you ?

Only if you can take "body of high rank people" . It mean high rank people have to think more careful than low rank people as they hold big power of the guild. Also give everyone the responsibility to protect their high rank and retake the body of high ranking. I really see someone as commander get on a fighter and left the fleet fight on their own while they go out there and bam bam.

Give that i can only fake a "miner" tag so now how can i create drama and troll ? As i say this skill is specific mean take long time to reach. I really dont know who really spend one year, 2 year or many month to just get this skill  and troll people as it is specific mean you cant train other skill as well.

And also i want to create a specific job as spy not someone who skill in miner and take the role as spying as they create another character to infiltration. Also it will create another job as "detective" =.= =]].

And also i think the best way to prevent "some intruder" is that showing their tag/role as their tag now got the name of other but their appear name is different. 

So i will say that it not NQ or drama some shit. It all depend on the player to protect themselve from intruder not to "create another character to infiltration" . Create a check point and check their name - tag/role name.

I did read all of it.

And I dont think being a spy should be a game mechanic skill set as its really is a 'role play' component - i.e. a person pretending to be friendly within an org, being promoted up the ranks, then, at the right time, causing shit to happen. That is true spying/espionage/sabotage.

Your proposed system is also a lazy way to discover the internal workings of an org because as far as I know org roles are not displayed on character name tags. It also doesnt make sense that being near a dead body would allow you to discover what role(s) that person had in the organisation(s) he/she is a member of.

That brings us to another issue. In DU you can be a member of multiple orgs - how do you propose to handle that variable?

This all just sounds like a 'lazy' way to create "DU Mechanics Systemised" spies instead of spending the weeks, months and years of being a true MMO spy - with all the risks and rewards associated with such an activity.

That right, your word is true if i read carefully. It will create a lazy way "and" more dangerous way as you easy to be expose.

What i say here yeah that right still need more "balance" and also create a more way of game play not delete the other also not blind to "go to only mmo role play spy only". What i want to show here is a another way to be spying and do thing, and of course what cons of it will be add to balance it out.

2 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

It also doesnt make sense that being near a dead body would allow you to discover what role(s) that person had in the organisation(s) he/she is a member of.

What sense you want to see in an Science Fiction game ? What i just say is follow the lore of the game, remember inside every new come at Alioth have something right ? And from what "people will say" it is 500 year of development and people cant see what is in our head ? It just data like computer but need decode .

Right now people are start to research about how to see memory in the brain and you say it is non sense ?

There is nowhere in the lore that i have read which says/implies that Noveans are cyborgs or enhanced in any way. If anything, due to the history against A.I., I would think they may think being 'chipped' as a really bad idea.

Regrettably, one known consequence of prolonged cryosleep periods is that the subject will suffer from a loss of episodic memory, as well as most high-level cognitive memory like expertise, skills or know-how. To mitigate this side-effect, the Arkship archive contains large data banks that are transferable to colonists via a wireless data transfer process involving brain implants capable of stimulating neural activity. The process is slow and can take days for the most advanced skills, but is an effective way to re-enable lost knowledge for long time space travelers.

IF there is something in the head, it lead the way.

Also you dont even need the "chip" in head to get the information as technology is future now.

First thing first, IMO balancing anything by hidding it behind waiting is the lazy, and in the long term inefficient way. It also promotes multi-account, which is P2W.

Besides that, I could see this idea working, but on much limited level: you can loot someone's "tag box" which allows you to use elements this person could use (buttons, diors, storage, control units). But no access to things like org management, elements rdms management or modifying constructs. Just physical objects. And just until he reset the tags (either few hours from death, from first use or set number of uses)

You also couldn't see what's inside the box - you can just guess what doors are now open for you.

And in the org logs it should show "hacked access", not tha poor man's name.

3 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

you can loot someone's "tag box" which allows you to use elements this person could use (buttons, diors, storage, control units). But no access to things like org management, elements rdms management or modifying constructs. Just physical objects. And just until he reset the tags (either few hours from death, from first use or set number of uses)

Yeb do agree, i have thought about it but forget to add it in balance.

Nobody want to log off to see next morning you cant acess to your base. It create Rage feeling so your word is true.

3 hours ago, CalenLoki said:

And in the org logs it should show "hacked access", not tha poor man's name.

Ah you say right, name of the poor man with ( hacked ) tag on it. I dont want create drama and innocent being guilty for what they not done =.= too.

'

Perhaps, we can use the mechanics of hacking access from other RPG's. For example, in WatchDogs 2, the amount of any game element: money, popularity, 'network' (forgive me, I can't remember their actual names), you can hack from phones, is fixed by random variables. You can never get more than what the dice rolls - so to speak, and conversely, you can never get less. 

There is also the mechanic of hacking that NQ refers to as emergent gameplay, though the information on that is quite lacking and possibly outdated at this point. What could be possible, is a skill that allows you steal a certain amount of Quanta from someone in close proximity. This amount has a fixed ceiling - possibly dictated by skill level. Trying to 'liberate' the Quanta from one person would force you to establish a 'link' of sorts with that person with a minimum time for the link to be locked. Depending on your skill level and the amount of time, you can spend connected to a certain avatar, the amount of Quanta taken increases. That would mean you need the time, skill, place and target. Should the target move out of your proximity range, break the link (there could be tools in place for hacking detection), or should your connection fail, your effort is for not. Perhaps, NQ could put some sort of alarm that spotlights the hacker if the process fails. Risk vs Reward. It also prevents any botting action if that's efficiently possible in DU. The hackers would just identify a very predictable avatar and leech the Quanta out of it.

As for stealing someone's identity, I think that should be limited to accessing elements, with some being too secure to hack that way i.e. secured containers. Of course, if someone can hack into your base by faking your identity, there must be a way to detect and prevent that too. One way to do that may be a programming board/element that acts as some sort of failsafe, alarm or security. The element in question should be reasonably priced, not too much to obtain if the 1 month player has something to protect, and not too cheap to allow the Week 1 player to start trading with them. Remember, the effectiveness of the 'hacking' will be dependent on skill level. There's no way you'd be able to train the skill effectively in one month given the prerequisite skills and the actual skill's requirements. 

Depending on how far NQ may be willing to take the idea, such security element may also be needful on crafts and ships to prevent them from being stolen. Skill level in the hacking skill mayy determine how fast the hacking process is completed, what level of security it can override, what elements it can override. Although, for the sake of gameplay, I propose that the security element be able to log the ID of the player that hacked into the construct and send such information via mail -- whether or not the hacking process was completed successfully. 

Cheers.

'