How is this going to work. Will we have multiple charcters with the same name allowed with an invisible number assigned to them or all unique names?

Also will this just be your forum name or will be able to choose an in game nickname?

Sorry if its a repeat I couldn't find a thread on it.

I imagine it would work as either you stated or possibly with a different spin, 

You have a first and last name, you can use the same last name as people but not the same first (seen this used multiple times).

But, the good old ArmA method, without seeing it works; 
i.e,

Anasasi
Anasasi (1)
etc,

etc.

As for the forum names being your final name? I doubt the forums going to have much crossover when it comes to naming unless you want to call yourself the same as your forum name.

I imagine it would work as either you stated or possibly with a different spin, 

You have a first and last name, you can use the same last name as people but not the same first (seen this used multiple times).

I kind of like this idea.

I would be curious about whether account names can be viewed as part of the name, or at all (ie FirstName_LastName@AccountName). I would be interesting in seeing an infiltrator type role in the game. But if account name information is included, it could cause issues for that role.

For example:

Organization A has member John_Doe@abc

abc creates new character to infiltrate Organization B: Billy_Smith@abc

Billy_Smith attempts to join Organization B

Organization B recognizes account abc and immediately rejects Billy_Smith

I think some interesting gameplay would come out of infiltrators and spies. I would prefer not to exclude this kind of gameplay because of some metagame information that is easily available.

Along the lines what Velenka is saying, but I'm curious as to how name information might be displayed also. Is it going to be like the tech demo where all players have names over their heads? Will a name pop up withen a certain distance to that character? Will a name only be displayed if you've shared contact information with that player? Going to be hard to be sleathly if anyone in the area can see your name, or ship name floating above you in the darkness.

I do like the idea of having a family name for all of your characters, but I'm not sure about having them all be the same. My reason for this, I plan on being a pirate... Everyone here already knows this, everyone here will already know this when they see my name; what if I want to make an alternate character that does... I don't know, basket making? Should this new character be penalized for the infamy of their sibling, simply by having a shared family name? Who knoes, maybe that might add a bit of judgemental realism to the game, lol.  :lol: