Hyper space ramming

unown

So would this be possible?  I know ramming is going to be impossible to do but what about hyper space collision will this be a tactic thats possible? I will add a poll if this gets answered/ not shot down

Probably never.
For the same reason that normal collision will not be implemented :
1) The calculation of voxel's collision and destruction would be truly atronomic and would explode the servers
2) For the gameplay and for avoiding the creation of missiles: You make 100 small vessels sacrificable and you destroy the target vessel without risk

NQ has said thst there wont be collision mechanics, besides bouncing of each other for the sake of gameplay.

Honestly i think you are just comming up with ideas before going through all the dev blogs and videos to know what is already planned/not planned/decided against.

Once you do that then u will be in s much better position to make thoughtfull suggestions instead of constantly shooting from the hip, ruffling featheres and wasting peoples time unessesarily.   ;)

3 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

NQ has said thst there wont be collision mechanics, besides bouncing of each other for the sake of gameplay.

Honestly i think you are just comming up with ideas before going through all the dev blogs and videos to know what is already planned/not planned/decided against.

Once you do that then u will be in s much better position to make thoughtfull suggestions instead of constantly shooting from the hip, ruffling featheres and wasting peoples time unessesarily.   ;)

Then do not reply if you think its a waste of your time And I already stated That I was aware of the fact That NQ will have no collisions If you take the time to read above I am just asking will FTL make a difference?

Let's think about how this would be impossible to balance even if it did exist, theres no way to gear check a ship unless its through weaponry, voxel strength makes sense on the outside but when you start thinking of atmospheric kamikaze it all comes crashing down, literally, drones turned to weapons. Just thinking about some skilless builder sending a brick with rockets attached through my ships window seriously insults my intelligence as a builder. It should never be.

8 hours ago, unown006 said:

Then do not reply if you think its a waste of your time And I already stated That I was aware of the fact That NQ will have no collisions If you take the time to read above I am just asking will FTL make a difference?

NQ also said there would be no weapons of mass destruction, which your idea is definitely encroaching on. So thats two factors that implies that FTL collisions will be a non-starter as an idea. So yea, it will make a difference, further increasing the chance it wont happen.

8 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

NQ also said there would be no weapons of mass destruction, which your idea is definitely encroaching on. So thats two factors that implies that FTL collisions will be a non-starter as an idea. So yea, it will make a difference, further increasing the chance it wont happen.

Weapons of mass destruction in that context they were referring to Planet killing weapons? The rest of your post I do not understand please clarify

4 minutes ago, unown006 said:

Weapons of mass destruction in that context they were referring to Planet killing weapons? The rest of your post I do not understand please clarify

UM wrong, not just planet killing weapons. Any weapon that can kill lots or people/constructs in a single blow, for example a huge amount of explosives, a nuke, high speed voxels, etc etc etc.

To clarify: Your suggestion makes it more unlikely for FTL collisions to occur as that makes them not just a voxel collision but also a weapon of mass destruction.

3 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

UM wrong, not just planet killing weapons. Any weapon that can kill lots or people/constructs in a single blow, for example a huge amount of explosives, a nuke, high speed voxels, etc etc etc.

To clarify: Your suggestion makes it more unlikely for FTL collisions to occur as that makes them not just a voxel collision but also a weapon of mass destruction.

A hard to coordinate and hard to use weapon that is very unlikely to hit its target and will be very expensive to mass produce or use (depending on the cost of FTL) Plus if you watch in the video there are ways to deal with it so I would have to disagree on the weapon of mass destruction side, The reason I suggest this is what would happen if not exploding would it just simply bounce off?

8 minutes ago, unown006 said:

A hard to coordinate and hard to use weapon that is very unlikely to hit its target and will be very expensive to mass produce or use (depending on the cost of FTL) Plus if you watch in the video there are ways to deal with it so I would have to disagree on the weapon of mass destruction side, The reason I suggest this is what would happen if not exploding would it just simply bounce off?

Just because a very powerful weapon is expensive and hard to use does not make it any less powerful. Its still a weapon of mass destruction.

18 hours ago, Lethys said:

Cost is never an argument in a mmo. It May be costly in the beginning but soon it'll be Pocketchange. 

See capitals/titans in eve

Ah I guess you are right with that cost slowly drains away with many games as more hours overall are spent farming and trading

NQ has definitely hinted that they are leaning towards something more like "warp gates" then FTL engines too.

I know i would love to be able to fire up the old Friendship Drive and blast off to anywhere in the galaxy. 

But I can understand why a gate to gate method would be a more realistic goal.

9 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

NQ has definitely hinted that they are leaning towards something more like "warp gates" then FTL engines too.

I know i would love to be able to fire up the old Friendship Drive and blast off to anywhere in the galaxy. 

But I can understand why a gate to gate method would be a more realistic goal.

Yea It also limits how people go places as well but would fix Hyper space ramming for the most part Then you just have to ask what if 2 people are using the same gate will they have a chance to collide? or will there be lanes? And then you have to ask how many lanes infinite or a limited number?

No chance of collision. Go into gate, which will be huge, touch the event horizon and zoom to the exit event horizon.

If two ships hit each other on approach they will bounce of each other... maybe enough so that one misses the gate entrance......

Interesting ;)

5 hours ago, CoreVamore said:

No chance of collision. Go into gate, which will be huge, touch the event horizon and zoom to the exit event horizon.

If two ships hit each other on approach they will bounce of each other... maybe enough so that one misses the gate entrance......

Interesting ;)

Or this ::