Forming cities and organizations that hold the rights for citizens.

Eventually public hangouts could become housing and popular business spots. People wanting streets and buildings that are not an entire territory apart, and are not military related are going to want to have access to their land in a city while also sharing that citizenship with many other players (potentially random) in a protected space that is mutually developed into a functional aesthetic. The potential for different types of towns and cities is limitless but i'm curious if this would be primarily a characteristic of Arkship territories or if in the future players will come together to form Organizations solely for the purpose securing territory for citizen registry.  

For now i can only see cities happening in safezones (ASA/MSA). Every other .... settlement outside will be a heavily defended base. 

I think that this might only change when a megaorg (some thousand players) Band together to build, fortify and actively defend it. 

You don't want your enemies to get the same benefit from a city than you when forming that city in UA. So i doubt it'll happen that often. 

I expect cities like that will be common in UA.  I think many organizations will establish those cities because they will see an opportunity to profit from providing an open and fairly safe city close to the resources that will be used there.  They will accept the risk of defending those cities if it seems profitable.

Of course,  we will need to wait until the game is released to see what actually happens.    DU is a game that appeals to an unusually wide range of interests and it is difficult to predict which, if any, will become predominant.

2 hours ago, Ben Fargo said:

I expect cities like that will be common in UA.  I think many organizations will establish those cities because they will see an opportunity to profit from providing an open and fairly safe city close to the resources that will be used there.  They will accept the risk of defending those cities if it seems profitable.

Of course,  we will need to wait until the game is released to see what actually happens.    DU is a game that appeals to an unusually wide range of interests and it is difficult to predict which, if any, will become predominant.

Oh I see. You think it could be a product offered by Organizations instead of Organizations being formed out of necessity. I think it might be a bit of both, an Organization with a decent amount of wealth might find it necessary to open another Organization to host civilians.