Sociological survey: what's your main focus of fun in DU?

Alsan Teamaro

Sociological survey: What is your main focus of fun in DU?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. What is or will be your main focus of fun in DU? If more than one, choose them. Thanks for participating.

• Building, crafting, design.
    • Exploring, discovering, colonizing
    • Technology and research
    • Mining, processing, selling
    • Industrial activities
    • Comercial activities (and transport, logistics)
    • Financial activities
    • Leadership or position in an organization
    • Assaulting, stealing, smuggling, destroying
    • Security, protection, defense
    • Fighting, conflict, war
    • Other

DU community is growing, and the game is being developed properly. But, by now... What is or will be your main focus of fun in DU? If more than one, choose them. Thanks for participating (see the poll above these lines).

Can't say yet, that depends on how mechanics work. 

I loved PvP, trading and production in Eve and was quite successful in those. I FCd a lot of fights in wormholes too.

This only means, that I'm interested most in those topics but that doesn't mean that I'll actually end up doing it. It depends on how it's done in DU. 

I may be enjoying mining a lot more than PvP - I just don't know yet. 

I was a good FC in eve but that doesn't mean that I'm good in leading fights in DU.

I PLAN on doing PvP, Trading, production, exploring and leading fleets - but that doesn't neccessarily mean that i focus on them after release

3 hours ago, Lethys said:

Can't say yet, that depends on how mechanics work. 

I loved PvP, trading and production in Eve and was quite successful in those. I FCd a lot of fights in wormholes too.

This only means, that I'm interested most in those topics but that doesn't mean that I'll actually end up doing it. It depends on how it's done in DU. 

I may be enjoying mining a lot more than PvP - I just don't know yet. 

I was a good FC in eve but that doesn't mean that I'm good in leading fights in DU.

I PLAN on doing PvP, Trading, production, exploring and leading fleets - but that doesn't neccessarily mean that i focus on them after release

It may actually mean that the FC equivalent in DU might be the Captain of a medium to large ship, not quite the same thing, but still guiding a team of players to work as one. It should be interesting :)

34 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

It may actually mean that the FC equivalent in DU might be the Captain of a medium to large ship, not quite the same thing, but still guiding a team of players to work as one. It should be interesting :)

Yes, maybe. But that's another topic and is purely speculative as we don't have any info, video or snippet to actually know anything

I would like to try all the options except being leader or having a special position within an organization :lol:. But i believe that exploring and searching for rare resources to mine them and later building something cool with the people from my organization will be my favorite part of the game. PvP might also be one of my interests but it will depend on how it's implemented. So far we have seen nothing about it.

I'll most likely gravitate towards industry/logistics, with PVP in security and recon areas.

It's impossible to tell at this point where I'll spend more time, it all depends on how the eventual game play is implemented. I imagine that the gathering of intel and analysis of that intel will be an important factor in DU's huge game world. My focus will be on the strategic side rather than the tactical.

Dont fool yourself, you know what your HEART want. That right, it is it. You know better than anyone else that the most thing you will want to do in DU is ....

MINING.

Who dont want to create a big HOLE right ?

Glad to see this variety of activities and diversity of tastes in the same game. 

On my part, I suppose I'll be doing a little what I always did, but surely in new ways: combat pilot (this time with a security-protection-defense approach), building-crafting, maybe exploring and comercial and administrative things, who knows.

Perhaps I end doing things I never expected, well, that's life, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...