There can be only ONE Galactic Empire.

Hello Folks,

I just noticed that 2 orgs are claiming to be the Galactic Empire.

HOWEVER ! There can be only ONE Galactic Empire your both orgs have ~20 members and It's up to you, but you definitely should consider to merge for the sake of a real galactic empire meaning a lot of pilots to rule the universe.

(ps: no offense ofc, in my opinion star wars theme is no imagination and you should try to find a real background of your own but ok why not)

That's one of the potential downsides (next to a few possible advantages) of using an existing theme or faction concept or copy basically - having more than one would just seem weirder unless they were playing individual branches or units of said faction rather than trying to cover the whole one.

In fact, since you are basically the same, do indeed consider merging (to those it concerns, of course).

Star wars is going to be a very famous theme when the game gets more orgs and probably a lot of people will want to make their own empire, the idea that all the people who want their empire should merge is I think a silly one (ps: no offense), the game offers freedom on an entirely different scale and every other guy has a different idea on how they want to play the game. While many people will want to make an empire, how they make one, what they do will differ from people to people and the idea of them merging together will only cause havoc. You have to think of it from a people's point of view, everybody wants their own gameplay, merging together just because of a name is a very silly idea atleast in my view.

Did you played EvE Online ? Did you saw any Star Wars related corporation / alliance ? No and it's obviously because it's far to be the best idea, at very least some fan of the movies will maybe stick to it, but not enough I'm sure because even fans want something new. Well anyway that's my opinion it's like taste and colors =)

Star wars is going to be a very famous theme when the game gets more orgs and probably a lot of people will want to make their own empire, the idea that all the people who want their empire should merge is I think a silly one (ps: no offense), the game offers freedom on an entirely different scale and every other guy has a different idea on how they want to play the game. While many people will want to make an empire, how they make one, what they do will differ from people to people and the idea of them merging together will only cause havoc. You have to think of it from a people's point of view, everybody wants their own gameplay, merging together just because of a name is a very silly idea atleast in my view.

You are right. Unless the same group with the same concept exists more than once, basically like a copy or divided. Then a merge would be beneficial for all involved, mostly.

Example: Three groups portraying the Galactic Empire from Star Wars with little to no difference. May as well make one larger group out of it.

Well if they want to emulate the Empire from Star Wars then they don't have very different ideas about how to play the game. It would seem a bit ironic to have the supposedly unified galactic empire split into two. Just my opinion though, they are free to do whatever they like.

did this have to be a thread? like do we have to clutter the forums like this?

Welcome in Internet, It's called a forum and made to discuss about anything especially in a sub called 'Pub'. Thank you captain obvious emot-razz.gif

(but I agree it should have been in 'General discussion' even if it's talks about organisations, my bad)

You are right. Unless the same group with the same concept exists more than once, basically like a copy or divided. Then a merge would be beneficial for all involved, mostly.

Example: Three groups portraying the Galactic Empire from Star Wars with little to no difference. May as well make one larger group out of it.

Well if they want to emulate the Empire from Star Wars then they don't have very different ideas about how to play the game. It would seem a bit ironic to have the supposedly unified galactic empire split into two. Just my opinion though, they are free to do whatever they like.

While yes, if they have the same basic idea about the game play, the people ruling the "empire" may have different ideas on how they want to manage it, or maybe they don't want to share leadership roles or maybe just might not like each other, so yea if its all well and they can work together all well and good but if not meh it would be like destroying the empire from within :P

Well, our Empire takes themes of Star wars and modifies them while we create our own lore and backstory. The Galactic Empire is more of a direct emulation of the Empire from Star wars. The galactic Empire and the Empire both share very different ideas and it's like the Split between North Korea and South Korea. The Empire is a more focused group that looks at things such as the economy, trade politics, and defence. The Galactic Empire, on the other hand, seems to just look into the direction of War. 

I know it the past it may seem like I'm trying do nothing but wage war. I have slowly been changing the group around to form a more peaceful type of group that only fights when threatened. I am also currently changing things around to create more original ideas and try to shy a bit away from actual starwars stuff. I hope you would understand why this whole thing frustrates me and I would like if you stopped attacking both me and Kytheum.