Canadian

maxxuser

2 minutes ago, maxxuser said:

Forget anywhere else, as much of an ignorant thing that might be.

The Canadian and american markets are in a free trade zone. Aka, I can order things from across the border and not pay a tariff, yet within our free trade zone (NAFTA North american free trade agreement) I am paying a 50$ price difference, due to being required to pay EUROPEAN prices.

This is the type of thing market watchdogs are not a big fan of within our free trade zone.

The company is not in the US.  The business is in Europe.  NAFTA does not apply to them.

29 minutes ago, Felonu said:

The company is not in the US.  The business is in Europe.  NAFTA does not apply to them.

They are selling a product in Canada and the US, NAFTA absolutely applies to them, in that I can drive across the border, purchase the product for USD, drive back across the border, declare what I purchased at the border, and continue on my merry way.

My point was just an example of how... uncommon (there are other words for it) it is to charge Canadians the European price over the american price.

It just shows that they are out of touch with the north american market, and don't really give a crap? about Canadians.

18 minutes ago, maxxuser said:

They are selling a product in Canada and the US, NAFTA absolutely applies to them, in that I can drive across the border, purchase the product for USD, drive back across the border, declare what I purchased at the border, and continue on my merry way.

My point was just an example of how... uncommon (there are other words for it) it is to charge Canadians the European price over the american price.

It just shows that they are out of touch with the north american market, and don't really give a -removed profanity- about Canadians.

I would say that it shows they decided to make everywhere outside of the US pay the same price for an item.  It has nothing to do with any specific country (edit- other than US).  NQ decided a specific thing about the US.  Their are no other countries paying any different, whether next to the US, or on the other side of the world.  

NAFTA is an agreement made between the countries in North America, and deals with taxes and regulations between the governments.  Businesses are not bound to sell the same items or if they do to sell them at the same rate even when they are located in the countries affected.  If NQ decided to set aside a different pricing between Ontario, and Quebec they would be within their rights to do so.

You can keep complaining about this, but that doesn't help your case.  It would be much more effective to simply ask for support from the forums to have NQ come out and explain their stance on US having a different price.  Starting your first thread on a forum and then being as aggressive as you were tends to throw up a wall between yourself and the people you are apparently trying to appeal to.

Also, profanity is still against the forum rules.

Edited by Felonu
Clarification

All you need is a USA proxy and you can pay in American dollars or have a friend in the USA gift you it and you pay him the money. I tested the change with a free web proxy I’m not sure if it will go through but you can try

Tabarnak. You really dont get it, They are being Hosers about this, I think the 'profanity' in the forums sucks color out of language. It is Vidange to charge Canadians a different price than Americans, I have no idea what the European equivalent of this is, but it is like saying Canada is not the little brother of america, but some European offshoot. 

I am also surprised at how alone I am in being upset about this. Thought I would have a few Americans on my side saying Canada shouldn't be getting hosed.

Just now, yamisniper said:

All you need is a USA proxy and you can pay in American dollars 

Obviously... it is more of the moral point. I obviously could do this, and I could tell other people to do it, but why is Canadians getting treated like second class customers.

6 minutes ago, maxxuser said:

Obviously... it is more of the moral point. I obviously could do this, and I could tell other people to do it, but why is Canadians getting treated like second class customers.

I don’t think they are thinking like that. But do they have any rules saying you can’t use a proxy to change where you live

Tabarnak. You really dont get it, They are being Hosers about this, I think the 'profanity' in the forums sucks color out of language. It is Vidange to charge Canadians a different price than Americans, I have no idea what the European equivalent of this is, but it is like saying Canada is not the little brother of america, but some European offshoot. 

I am also surprised at how alone I am in being upset about this. Thought I would have a few Americans on my side saying Canada shouldn't be getting hosed.

The problem isn’t charging Canadians more than Americans.  The problem is they are charging the same amount in Euros as they are USD.  THATS a problem imho.  Your whole stint on American vs Canadian doesn’t really have a standing imho.

180 euros != 180 USD.  I’d recommend using a proxy or VPN to make it look like you’re in the US... if you want to pay $180 vs 180 euros.

The “worth” should be standard across all currencies.  Should I be able to buy DU for 180 pesos?  Heck no.

Just now, Hades said:

The problem isn’t charging Canadians more than Americans.  The problem is they are charging the same amount in Euros as they are USD.  THATS a problem imho.  Your whole stint on American vs Canadian doesn’t really have a standing imho.

180 euros != 180 USD.

Exactly, however, as long as we are charging part of north america less, for whatever reason, why the hell (Profanity lol?) Do people an hour south of me get charged 50$ less?

Because that has nothing to do with it.  Use a proxy or vpn if you’re interested in paying 180 USD.  Give NQ some time, I’m sure they’ll comment on this.  Perhaps the 180 euros contains vat and it worked out to be about even.  

I’d be curious if someone who paid in euros could comment.  Did they pay 180 + vat in euros?

1 minute ago, Hades said:

Because that has nothing to do with it.  Use a proxy or vpn if you’re interested in paying 180 USD.  Give NQ some time, I’m sure they’ll comment on this.  Perhaps the 180 euros contains vat and it worked out to be about even.  

I’d be curious if someone who paid in euros could comment.  Did they pay 180 + vat in euros?

Canadians dont have VAT or whatever it is called, thus.... how would this apply to what I am talking about?

6 minutes ago, Nanoman said:

Just 180 euros.

That’s probably what it is then.  Would vat be about 30 euros on 150?  It’s gotta be close.

However, that is unfair for people who don’t have to pay VAT.  Curious if a Canadian as ever purchased a pack.  Was it cost - VAT?  Haha

Canadians dont have VAT or whatever it is called, thus.... how would this apply to what I am talking about?

Never said it was.  But it is completely accurate.  NQ seemingly automatically put VAT in the euro price.  Thus, it’s entirely possible that someone outside would pay the cost - VAT.  I wouldn’t try it, but it’s a possibility 

1 minute ago, maxxuser said:

So basically what we have distilled this down to is, why are Canadians being charged the price with VAT in it, and not the one that assumes a sales tax?

Not necessarily, it’s entirely possible it’s a text based bug and someone outside the reach of VAT would pay the cost - VAT.  However, my money (ha!) is on VAT being unnecessarily applied to the cost for all who are paying euros.

1 minute ago, Hades said:

Not necessarily, it’s entirely possible it’s a text based bug and someone outside the reach of VAT would pay the cost - VAT.  However, my money (ha!) is on VAT being unnecessarily applied to the cost for all who are paying euros.

Which kind of goes to my point of them really not spending the time to give a F&*k about Canadians, to be honest, I have never seen such a price discrepency between Canada and US for a game ever.

2 minutes ago, maxxuser said:

French Canadians maybe, but france? We have very very little to do with france lol...

You are acting like it's a canadian thing.... Austrailia, Asia, africa, south america, even antarctica are all getting treated the exact same way. 

10 hours ago, maxxuser said:

Which kind of goes to my point of them really not spending the time to give a F&*k about Canadians, to be honest, I have never seen such a price discrepency between Canada and US for a game ever.

You may want to lay off the profanity and insinuation on a company who may well be acting in accordance with tax laws while choosing to (for now) have separate pricing in the US for frankly quite understandable and obvious reasons (one being they hold offices there). This all boils down to either a tax issue or an incorrect pricing. Either way, there is no point in working yourself up over this and certainly no point in continuing the rant as you were told a mod will take this up with a GM and I'd expect the community manager will be here today to explain and lock the thread after. From there you can decide what you'd want to do.

Uh, I'd like to point out to the OP that the first established colony in Canada was a French colony. Canada is a constitutional monarchy under England, with the queen as it's head of state. Your royal anthem is God Save the Queen, she's all over your currency and yet you somehow arrive at the conclusion that you shouldn't be beholden to European anything? You are not the child or cousin or brother to America. You are, like America, a child of Europe and the UK. You are America's hat and while you might be a fancy hat at times, it is an English top hat with a monocle. Of course, of BLOODY course, you're beholden to the Euro and different prices than America, sir.

Also, good luck with this situation.

Hi everyone,

Please refrain to argue about international leadership. That has nothing to do in the topic.

It's not in our intentions to appreciate or depreciate residents of a specific country. 

We have no interest of having such practices. Ideally, we would like everyone to be happy.

We understand that it may seem odd that Euro is the currency used for Canadian customers.

This is something that is going to be discussed with Novaquark management as soon as possible. 

However, we can't promise anything at this moment:

That's a complex matter, and we aren't always able to go for the solution that seems the most "fair" from every customer point of view as there are sometimes constraints we can't avoid. We will keep you informed on the topic as soon as possible.

@maxxuser

While we can understand your frustration, that's not a valid reason for not following the forum rules.

Please keep a courteous tone if you don't want your posts to be moderated.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

On 4/25/2018 at 5:15 AM, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Hi everyone,

Please refrain to argue about international leadership. That has nothing to do in the topic.

It's not in our intentions to appreciate or depreciate residents of a specific country. 

We have no interest of having such practices. Ideally, we would like everyone to be happy.

We understand that it may seem odd that Euro is the currency used for Canadian customers.

This is something that is going to be discussed with Novaquark management as soon as possible. 

However, we can't promise anything at this moment:

That's a complex matter, and we aren't always able to go for the solution that seems the most "fair" from every customer point of view as there are sometimes constraints we can't avoid. We will keep you informed on the topic as soon as possible.

@maxxuser

While we can understand your frustration, that's not a valid reason for not following the forum rules.

Please keep a courteous tone if you don't want your posts to be moderated.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thank you so very much :)

I really just want to get a reason that makes sense :)

Really appreciate you getting back to me <3