The right to be evil

Anopheles

15 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Making the statement that someone is an idiot is generally not OK, and would be considered a potential case of defamation and could be contested (in court). 

In that case I call any law that makes that possible idiotic.

1 minute ago, Stig92 said:

In that case I call any law that makes that possible idiotic.

Welcome to America!  Where you too can sue a company for giving you hot coffee if you burn yourself on the hot coffee you asked for. I'll seriously never be able to reconcile that level of idiocy. 

2 minutes ago, Korvid Rin said:

Welcome to America!  Where you too can sue a company for giving you hot coffee if you burn yourself on the hot coffee you asked for. I'll seriously never be able to reconcile that level of idiocy. 

Also 20 000$ medical expenses. That is your real problem.

Interesting little discussion. The right to be evil? I'd say it's a case of rights granted by NQ to be human - they decide the limits, if any, of behaviour. DU thusfar strikes me as something EVE decided to no longer become, a petri dish. 

If we take a realistic view of piracy, there will be consequences for those who steal and kill. Not only will you have a bounty on your head, but your role will be limited. You will be sought out by law enforcement and bounty hunters alike.

It will not be the grand and full life that Hollywood and other games make it out to be, it will be hard, it will be lived in the shadows and it will carry the constant fear of repercussion... why?

Because in a future focused on rebuilding humanity, no innocent person should live in constant fear of criminals.

That's how I see it.

The role of pirate or criminal will be more difficult, as it is in real life, but there is nothing preventing someone from perusing it, if that is what he or she seeks.