Custom Armor, Helmets, Clothing, etc.

TheShadowSage

Hey guys really liking the game and checking out some of the concept art on the galleries and the news section and I was wondering if it would be possible to give players the ability to construct a machine in game that would allow them to create/manufacture their own cosmetics (armor, helmets, rifles, etc.)? I think this way would bring up more possibilities for players to role play or dress up as some of their favorite characters from other scifi inspired movies and tv shows. This in turn I predict may even attract more players to participate. Anyways thanks for the read and I hope to hear from everyone (maybe not everyone but you get the idea XD)! 

AFAIK no custom clothes, armour, weapons or elements are planed within near future.

Maybe some day, way way after game release.

But it also breaks "premium cosmetics", which is a nice way to get additional funds for developers.

PS. If this happens, prepare for dick costumes ;)

I mainly hope enough emphasis will be put on diverse or different armor sets. Regardless of whatever priorities might exist, I simply think having this grand game scale but later only having a hand full of different armor sets (+ maybe some combinations you can get through combining different pieces) would not really 'fit' the scope or idea of the game in my book.

But then again with my background I like to put emphasis on having a decent armor and clothing selection in the game to customize your character, appearance and in that sense your position in whatever entity you might be part of. The more, the merrier.

As this can also attract a larger audience who like visual customization, I think NQ should eventually put some form of focus on increasing the selection. On an abstract level it can satisfy some players and help in telling stories, and can in turn help in multimedia content and promotion as players share their stories on the net and showcase different outfits.

In a nutshell, it makes players happy and / or helps with their media content. In an indirect way, not just the community but NQ would also benefit from that, I think.

Of course, "custom armor" might sound a bit odd or tricky. I generally hope for a diverse selection of clothing and armor down the road, but would not be averse to have a special way of requesting unique or specific outfit designs for money that could then be added as a sort of "skin" for existing armor so that the appearance changes, if not as hard armor item for all. This would bind personnel at NQ who are occupied with implementing such skins or armor items per player request. At the same time I see abstract risks, such as potential copyright issues if armor design sources are unclear.

It would be cool for the customer, but all in all the measure would seem exotic and could bear abstract risks depending on how this would be implemented or work (if, say, you would supply requests with pictures instead of being able to design armors solely in-game through some tool).

In short, I don't see it happening.

4 hours ago, vylqun said:

didnt we have exactly the same topic a few days ago? its even still in the top 10 topics ...

Almost! The other forum I saw mentioned something similar, but what I was suggesting is to literally build your own. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 12:00 PM, TheShadowSage said:

Hey guys really liking the game and checking out some of the concept art on the galleries and the news section and I was wondering if it would be possible to give players the ability to construct a machine in game that would allow them to create/manufacture their own cosmetics (armor, helmets, rifles, etc.)? I think this way would bring up more possibilities for players to role play or dress up as some of their favorite characters from other scifi inspired movies and tv shows. This in turn I predict may even attract more players to participate. Anyways thanks for the read and I hope to hear from everyone (maybe not everyone but you get the idea XD)! 

A game by the name of rust I think has a good skin cosmetic adding system and would be cool to use in DU

On 4/22/2018 at 1:59 AM, CalenLoki said:

AFAIK no custom clothes, armour, weapons or elements are planed within near future.

Maybe some day, way way after game release.

But it also breaks "premium cosmetics", which is a nice way to get additional funds for developers.

PS. If this happens, prepare for dick costumes ;)

We can hope :