Majestic

Whatever communication method is used, please for the love of Ice Cream put in some kind of spam block function from the word go, one that preferably is editable so you can block phrases, words, account age etc. This is always left out in games releases.

Whatever communication method is used, please for the love of Ice Cream put in some kind of spam block function from the word go, one that preferably is editable so you can block phrases, words, account age etc. This is always left out in games releases.

The devs can't do so, it would create an uber-toxic enviroment for the players Do what I did in most MMOs with chat channels. Turn of any "trade" or "local" channels, so you won't have to tolerate the spam

As for "whispers" or "tells" , that's not something the devs can stop either. 

If the devs gave you the tools to ignore an account due to "age" or any other reason, then Social Justice Warriors would start calling the devs as bigots

What you can ask, is for trial accounts to not be able to whisper to people in the game That's something even better

1. The devs can't do so, it would create an uber-toxic enviroment for the players Do what I did in most MMOs with chat channels. Turn of any "trade" or "local" channels, so you won't have to tolerate the spam

2. What you can ask, is for trial accounts to not be able to whisper to people in the game That's something even better

The problem with 1. is that you lose the legitimate chat too. I would also consider the spam/different languages you get in most games far more toxic than any environment that resulted from the option to tune out the unwanted stuff.

And on 2. yeh that is kind of what I meant with the account age thing, it stops alot of the gold sellers.

It's a shame you have to rely on addons for this kind of function.

The problem with 1. is that you lose the legitimate chat too. I would also consider the spam/different languages you get in most games far more toxic than any environment that resulted from the option to tune out the unwanted stuff.

And on 2. yeh that is kind of what I meant with the account age thing, it stops alot of the gold sellers.

It's a shame you have to rely on addons for this kind of function.

Uhm... gold sellers can't actually work in a game like DUAL There's already PLEX. 

PLEX = gamecard in the game, for in-game money. Another person bought PLEX for real money from the company an d then they sold it to another player in the game for in-game money.

This is why gold sellers don't actually work and of course, because there are no NPCs in the game to give quests.

As for point 1, that's how the auction house idea was born really. So people can avoid the salt lake that is the Trade chat in almost all MMOs.

I agree that an editable spam-block feature would a great addition to the game. I don't think it would create a toxic environment as suggested, but preserve communication channel integrity.