How many of you have pre-alpha?

Lime

How many of you have pre-alpha?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have pre-alpha?

If there's anything this poll shows us, it's how much of a minority we (the forum users) are.  For how active the forums are, that's pretty interesting.  IMHO.

I imagine there are less than 70% with access to the pre-alpha.  Puts things in perspective I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Hades said:

If there's anything this poll shows us, it's how much of a minority we (the forum users) are.  For how active the forums are, that's pretty interesting.  IMHO.

I imagine there are less than 70% with access to the pre-alpha.  Puts things in perspective I suppose.

A lot of people just ignore polls like this too.  I, personally, don't see the point in voting.

not to mention its only a few days old, posted on a weekday when most forum participants only look at the forum on weekends - assuming they arent in-game participating, which is becoming more and more common as the game unfolds. ;)

1 hour ago, Felonu said:

A lot of people just ignore polls like this too.  I, personally, don't see the point in voting.

Not sure why you'd even find a point in posting at that point haha.  My observation is equally unimportant in the scheme of things.

32 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

not to mention its only a few days old, posted on a weekday when most forum participants only look at the forum on weekends - assuming they arent in-game participating, which is becoming more and more common as the game unfolds. ;)

22 hours* actually.  That's a fair point, we'll wait and see.  I think it will stand, but we will see ;D

6 hours ago, Hades said:

This is really not surprising nor out of the ordinary. Actually it's pretty standard. And the forums are really not all that active as far as number of active users. There is a fairly small amount of active users with the vast majority either lurking of not visiting on a regular basis.

8 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Compared to the noisy Alpha period Elite Dangerous, Kerbal and original Star Citizen forums, DU forums are very quiet... I suspect the NDA has something to do with it.

It’s all about scope.  ED and SC have a much larger player base and backing.  It’s expected for them to have a “busier” community.  I’m not part of the ED community, but the SC forums really aren’t that busy anymore since they switched to spectrum.

Anyway, I would compare DU more to Camelot Unchained and similar projects.  DU has a pretty active community in comparison. 

I do agree with the NDA keeping things quiet. But I think it’s important for NQ to remember that us forumers are the minority... and shouldn’t take everything we wish for as gold.

Quite frankly this is the first time I've seen the forums and that's because I was casually browsing the main website looking into gathering more information about the game until I thought "well there must be a forums for this right?". I think for a majority of players that do have the game either don't know about the forums or they aren't really the type of people to get on the forums website. I double checked the facebook page and they don't mention the forums there. 

4 hours ago, TheShadowSage said:

Quite frankly this is the first time I've seen the forums and that's because I was casually browsing the main website looking into gathering more information about the game until I thought "well there must be a forums for this right?". I think for a majority of players that do have the game either don't know about the forums or they aren't really the type of people to get on the forums website. I double checked the facebook page and they don't mention the forums there. 

Welcome!  I imagine you're in for a good time, there's definitely a lot of information to be gathered.  Enough to even forget about a few things over time, ha. :)

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Welcome!  I imagine you're in for a good time, there's definitely a lot of information to be gathered.  Enough to even forget about a few things over time, ha. :)

I can imagine! Apparently the game has been in the works since 2016? I'm even more surprised by what you're capable of doing in the game already! There's a few things here and there I would tweak but I suppose all that can be mentioned within the idea forums. How long have you been with the game? 

16 hours ago, Hades said:

It’s all about scope.  ED and SC have a much larger player base and backing.  It’s expected for them to have a “busier” community.  I’m not part of the ED community, but the SC forums really aren’t that busy anymore since they switched to spectrum.

Anyway, I would compare DU more to Camelot Unchained and similar projects.  DU has a pretty active community in comparison. 

I do agree with the NDA keeping things quiet. But I think it’s important for NQ to remember that us forumers are the minority... and shouldn’t take everything we wish for as gold.

Star Citizen: More than 100 posts replied to within the last 24 hrs in General Chat, More than 50 in the Concierge...  20 in the Subscibers' Den. 50 in Ask the devs. >50 in the 3.1.3 PTU thread. I've not even bothered looking in the ship manufacturer forums which also tend to be rather lively.

DU forums are rather quiet.. 

14 hours ago, TheShadowSage said:

27 responses to the poll... 27,000 Noveans.  I'd say you're right!

On 4/22/2018 at 5:27 AM, GraXXoR said:

Star Citizen: More than 100 posts replied to within the last 24 hrs in General Chat, More than 50 in the Concierge...  20 in the Subscibers' Den. 50 in Ask the devs. >50 in the 3.1.3 PTU thread. I've not even bothered looking in the ship manufacturer forums which also tend to be rather lively.

DU forums are rather quiet.. 

I feel petty even bringing this up, as I assume you already know this.  But Dual Universe has 27,000 followers and Star Citizen has 2,000,000.   I think DU forums are rather busy considering the more focused reach.

(27,000/2,000,000)*100 is how many posts we need in the general chat to be on par with SC.  Which is 1.35 posts btw :P.  Seems there are 7 in the past day, which potentially means we are 7x more active than SC when scope is taken into account.

And DU is in a NDA Pre-alpha phase, with people discussing stuff in a private section of this forum that most of us have no access to. When alpha 1 starts, this will definitely be way more active.

And there you go. Hence the quiet forums. It’s not surprising nor is it a direct criticism. It’s merely an observation. 

Once the NDA is over and the cheaper packages allow access, there will be a rush of Kerbels, Engineers, Commanders and probably some Citizens, too. 

I will never be in another alpha game again, its too disappointing.   You start learning to play the game one way, and you start to love it . But then people complain and changes get made.

I would rather see a close to finished project...I will wait...hopefully still breathing by the time this game comes out.