Apology from Slaxx to NQ and the Dual Community

Neffalim

Hello, i am a friend of TheSlaxx, and he asked me to put up this message on the forums:

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dual Universe community.

You know me as "TheSlaxx", I use to frequent these forums back in 2015 until july last year.

I have been banned because I posted a reactionary below-the-belt picture on the forum after NQ deleted my organization. As a consequence, NovaQuark banned me permanently from the game.

I want to give you this message to show you how I have been treated and what happened from my perspective.

Firstly, let me explain to you that I was always an avid supporter of dual universe ever since I found this endevour in 2015.

I earned the Alpha team member title because I gave feedback to NQ about the site and I was very proud of it.

Now, after I made my organization and reached 107 members, I merged my group with that of a user named "mmtheboss/ascend/fullsend"

I didnt know that this person did some nefarious things in the dual universe community.

Among that, he created ghost accounts to boost his numbers which i didn't know of.

NovaQuark started an investigation into these nefarious activities, and since I was now in the same organisation with him, they assumed these things were also my fault, which is untrue.

In the end NovaQuark deleted the group and I became very angry. Not just because they deleted my group, but also because they wrongfully accused me of these deeds.

That resulted in me posting that below-the-belt pic in multiple threads at the same time and only once on the forum.

As a result, they removed my alpha team member status, sent me my pledge back and banned me permanently from the game.

Just because i posted that pic a couple of times.

The summary is that I was permanently banned from my dream game because of things I never did, and I feel extremely depressed, remorseful, and sad because of it.

And it gets even better: ascend was obviously banned too, but what he did, he created a secondary account to dodge the ban and he even told NovaQuark after he got back in and NovaQuark PERMITTED IT!

Now the main perpetrator and main reason for these bad things can play the game while a guy who's actually pretty nice can't, because I don't want to ban evade. I consider that wrong.

In typing this message I want to apologise yet again for posting the pics, and thats it, because I didn't do much other bad things.

I just hope the community allows me to play again and accepts my apology and that NovaQuark will see it.

I am not the reason why all this happened and I was unfairly treated.

i am here to formally request my alpha team member status (even if it doesnt do anything anymore now), my ruby pledge (i will pay) back, to get unblocked on the forums, and to be allowed to play again.

Thanks in advance NQ, and goodbye.

----------------------------------------------------

Will you accept his apology?

Apologize to NQ, not us.  Take it up with NQ, not us.  My thoughts on it anyhow.

Punishment and disciplinary measures conducted should remain between the party and NQ.  

Slaxx didn't deserve this; it was ascend who was the one who was ghosting accounts and inflating the orgs numbers, by the time slaxx found out it makes sense why he would be in such an angered state. Also slaxx is severely autistic/schizoprenic and can't handle these situations like normal minded people can, it's a shame that he lashed out the way he did but that's expected from people with mental disabilities.

To NovaQuark, Slaxx has been threatening suicide often since you banned him from your game and removed his 500 Euro pledge, I fear for his life. If NQ doesn't want to listen then maybe the community would be more open minded. 

Ive known slaxx for some time now, compared to the distant past, he has improved remarkably as a person. He was the one who showed me this game and his passion was inspiring. I can understand how his behaviour was ludicrous, but he was not of sound mind at the time. It is disheartening to see him permanently excluded from a community that does not antagonise or trick him thinking that mental illness is something funny. I think dualverse had an astounding effect on helping slaxx grow and get better, which is why I think it is understandable for him to lose the reigns when his passion was lost. He has not spoken in anger about this, but remorse. I think everyone deserves a second chance, and it would be a shame not to have a passionate roleplayer like slaxx to play with. 

He was given the option to restart his org after it was deleted by NQ as long as he didn't ghost, I understood his anger at the time. MM was a known issue in the community though. Neither was banned after the ghost incident. Slaxx was banned because of how he acted after. MM was never actually banned, he demanded a refund after the incident. I'm sorry if he truely has mental disabilites, but to me it doesn't justify how he lashed out. In the end its NQ decision to allow him to come back into the community, if he is allowed to come back though i dont believe he should be allowed to repurchase his pack. I won't claim to know what exactly happened via pm's. thats between slaxx and NQ. If he is allowed to come back, he should be aware that there is a good chance the community will hold him at arms length much like we do with MM

16 minutes ago, The_War_Doctor said:

He was given the option to restart his org after it was deleted by NQ as long as he didn't ghost, I understood his anger at the time. MM was a known issue in the community though. Neither was banned after the ghost incident. Slaxx was banned because of how he acted after. MM was never actually banned, he demanded a refund after the incident. I'm sorry if he truely has mental disabilites, but to me it doesn't justify how he lashed out. In the end its NQ decision to allow him to come back into the community, if he is allowed to come back though i dont believe he should be allowed to repurchase his pack. I won't claim to know what exactly happened via pm's. thats between slaxx and NQ. If he is allowed to come back, he should be aware that there is a good chance the community will hold him at arms length much like we do with MM

Slaxx tells me that he was super frustrated that all his work and effort vanished overnight, and being schizoprenic, he interpreted this as an assault on his very being - it was not unexpected for severe psychosis and anger to come from the result from this.

In fact, NovaQuark should apologise to the way they handled this event last year in July, they didn't even talk to slaxx before nuking all his efforts and work. 

If anyone would have looked at TheSlaxx's comment history you'd always find him helping people, and only one time when his psychosis kicked in.

43 minutes ago, Hades said:

Apologize to NQ, not us.  Take it up with NQ, not us.  My thoughts on it anyhow.

Punishment and disciplinary measures conducted should remain between the party and NQ.  

Slaxx and OP already tried reaching out to Novaquark to allow him to explain their side of the story, but every time they tried reaching out to NovaQuark they would simply ignore or respond without even considering.

52 minutes ago, Neffalim said:

The summary is that I was permanently banned from my dream game because of things I never did, and I feel extremely depressed, remorseful, and sad because of it.

Nope, that's not what happened lol

28 minutes ago, Anon_I_____ said:

To NovaQuark, Slaxx has been threatening suicide often since you banned him from your game and removed his 500 Euro pledge, I fear for his life. If NQ doesn't want to listen then maybe the community would be more open minded. 

That's not NQs problem. If that's true then he's better off WITHOUT the game anyway and should see a psychiatrist.

Also strange that this is brought up.....by three different ppl. Who only ever posted in this thread. Quite the "coincidence"

No.

58 minutes ago, Neffalim said:

That resulted in me posting that below-the-belt pic in multiple threads at the same time and only once on the forum.

That wasn't the first time he did it at all. he also did it previously in a discord for his first organisation. And it wasn't just multiple threads, it was almost every active thread. imo behaviour like this is unacceptable, especially when there is a high chance of a repeat offense, and it was right that NQ permanently banned him. Or should i say you.

3 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Also strange that this is brought up.....by three different ppl. Who only ever posted in this thread. Quite the "coincidence"

and being made within the past few hours. 

you 3 can claim not to be Slaxx, but i have a suspicion you are. also the fact one knows what supposedly happened between nq and slaxx or op is fishy. 

If  you wanna apologize fine, but dont feel entitled to be given forgiveness by this community or by NQ for enforcing their rules that we all agreeded to. 

personally i feel this thread should be locked as this is just a flamewar waiting to happen. end of the day its not up to use community members to pass verdict in this matter. Its NQ and if they have decided one way and cant be convinced otherwise then i feel its time to accept it and move on.

4 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Nope, that's not what happened lol

That's not NQs problem. If that's true then he's better off WITHOUT the game anyway and should see a psychiatrist.

He has been seeing a doctor for a while and is stabilised on meds, but an immersive rp game would be healthy for him as opposed to the other toxic gamer and misc communities, I havent honestly played dualverse yet i was going to play with these guys. We are all very aware of warning signs and would not let him act obscenly again. We just want him to be happy. 

There are a lot of wrong ideas here.

The organization was deleted for reasons explained here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/11410-organizations-deleted-and-the-reasons-behind/.

TheSlaxx was banned later for the below reasons (quote from CM):

• He hasn't taken seriously previous warnings given by NQ Staff and thought smart of doing jokes about it.
  • He had a highly inappropriate behavior toward some community members.

When sanctions have been applied:

• He spammed the forum with posts filled with sexual content.
  • He (privately) copiously insulted part of Novaquark staff.

If NQ doesn't want to unban his account, they do have good reasons.

~ Merwyn

10 minutes ago, Yaoiadolf66 said:

Slaxx and OP already tried reaching out to Novaquark to allow him to explain their side of the story, but every time they tried reaching out to NovaQuark they would simply ignore or respond without even considering.

Might I ask, how would you consider an appeal to the community possibly changing anything? We can prod as much as we want, but when all is said and done, we can't control the unbanning process.

Maybe Slaxx didn't entirely know what he was getting into when he joined orgs with MM, that was a risk he was willing to take that, however unfortunate, resulted in a losing hand. If Slaxx really had MMs ear then he should have used their bond to level MM into not pulling the strings that he did, he didn't so one thing led to another and action was taken appropriately.

Illness or not is unacceptable behavior considering the incident that happened on the forums, indecent public exposure is frowned upon in civil areas such as this board, pretty much everyone should realize this regardless of their life situation. I don't feel as if his own personal problems should excuse him from what happened as a result of his actions.

As others above me have said, this wasn't the first time we've had an incident with Slaxx, the exposure was just the final straw and I feel like it would be better for him personally to avoid this community since he would more than likely find himself sidelined and abandoned, especially when the game releases since this topic is now, once more, fresh in peoples minds. If he does go the route of ban evasion (which I would condemn) with a second account under a new name, he would have to keep himself very tight-lipped about what happened. If any connection was made between his new account and past account, considering what happened with the original, I suspect justice would be quick and brutal.

Considering this second loss and understanding his condition (as I have read here), I feel like that would do only more harm to him than any good he might obtain by playing.

4 minutes ago, Yaoiadolf66 said:

He has been seeing a doctor for a while and is stabilised on meds, but an immersive rp game would be healthy for him as opposed to the other toxic gamer and misc communities, I havent honestly played dualverse yet i was going to play with these guys. We are all very aware of warning signs and would not let him act obscenly again. We just want him to be happy. 

I don't buy it, everything too fishy

All right, this topic is going to be locked.

Surprisingly all these "TheSlaxx" defenders are fresh new accounts.

Apparently some think it's okay to create accounts just to try to strongharm Novaquark's decision, even if this was already discussed and explained in private many times.

Making it public will NOT change Novaquark's decision. If someone opens another topic on TheSlaxx to try to change Novaquark's mind, expect your account to be banned permanently from the forum without further notice. We don't have time to waste on this topic anymore. This practice of coming back again and again on a decision made by Novaquark will only make the situation worse.

TheSlaxx hasn't been banned for the shady practices regarding the Organizations.

He has been banned for what he did after.

"He has changed now" will never be a valid argument to rehabilitate him.

If we make an exception for him, we will have to make exceptions for everyone else that has a toxic behavior. 

That's not gonna happen.

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar.