Some questions about the game

Lord Gecko

29 minutes ago, Hades said:

Haha yeah, but then you’re back to square one where you can just launch those specific weapons at a base as well, right?

Yeah it would have to be a lot less effective in some way for it to work.  I was thinking something that only does a very small amount of damage spread out over a large area.

I guess alternatively maybe ship collision could cause a very very small amount of voxel damage, enough to destroy one or two stray voxels that might otherwise obstruct an entire ship.  But not enough damage to make it effective in any way as a weapon.

But that would add more stress to the servers I guess.

It is an interesting issue though.  I suppose the floating voxel cloud may become a viable ship design lol 

I don't see a problem with kamikaze attacks. It's a form of freedom and the defense is speed and agility plus building ships that blow up are going to use up resources.   Seems balanced to me.  Plus danage could make scavenging battlefield for parts viable.

I don't get the mindset of joining a sandbox and immediately seeking ways to limit it.

3 hours ago, Anopheles said:

I don't see a problem with kamikaze attacks. It's a form of freedom and the defense is speed and agility plus building ships that blow up are going to use up resources.   Seems balanced to me.  Plus danage could make scavenging battlefield for parts viable.

I don't get the mindset of joining a sandbox and immediately seeking ways to limit it.

That's a fair argument, however, NQ seems pretty adamant on the issue.  Which is fine imho, I'd much rather have larger constructs and more people in a location than collision damage.  This server tech is completely unprecedented, and some sacrifices have to be made.  Even though, it seems like NQ doesn't mind the sacrifice.. haha

5 hours ago, Anopheles said:

Because this is a game, and everything have it limited not like in real life.

They have their point on that is, kamikaze bring furious  to the player. Given that you have one pretty ship which you take a long time to build by hand then in PvP a player just craft a bullet type ship and fly into your ship, kaboom, your ship which make with lot effort gone in a second while enemy ship is just take 10 minute to build. It make player RAGE QUIT which bring none profit to NQ. Who will endure it ? None.

And in game everything must be fair. If not, just only time left to ruin . ( i will give you what ruin it, grifer, troll who will kamikaze 10 minute ship into a 1 month ship )