How big can we make ships?

Caesares

Hi all. I was wondering if there was a limit that we know about for ship size, or for now are there none set? This interests me because such settings can make the difference between large ships dominating the stars or smaller ships. Thanks

I am not in an easy position to locate any hard details for you right now, but I would recommend watching all of the videos on their youtube channel (particularly the tutorial ones). Perhaps you'll find the answer you are looking for there? :)https://www.youtube.com/user/dualthegame

- Mercutio

Edited by Mod-Mercutio

Soo... if NQ posts a public picture in the Rules and Announcements and maybe I can somewhat answer this question with out giving out specifics by pointing out something... does that break NDA? 

On 13/4/2018 at 1:15 PM, Caesares said:

Hi all. I was wondering if there was a limit that we know about for ship size, or for now are there none set? This interests me because such settings can make the difference between large ships dominating the stars or smaller ships. Thanks

Bigger than universe and "longer than the road that stretches out ahead" ...

;)

PS: phrase between quotation marks, from "Two of us" (in Let it be, The Beatles, recorded in 1969).

Also if i remember true we have ability to connect core right ? we can build a massive ship if ... we can afford for it.

Because some org is already plan to be NOMAD already :).

9 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

Also if i remember true we have ability to connect core right ? we can build a massive ship if ... we can afford for it.

Because some org is already plan to be NOMAD already :).

I'm not sure if it applys to dynamic cores too. I got impression that it's more of "aligning" than actually "connecting".

May be wrong here.

On 4/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, NanoDot said:

"How big can we make ships ?"

That depends directly on how much you enjoy mining for the resources... ;)

seems like NQ is advertising that it can be infinite as the servers "Should" be able to handle it so it will be up to a players PC and how much time you want to put in to build something like the size of a death star

On 4/15/2018 at 3:51 AM, CalenLoki said:

According to that video, which show construct cores (after 4:00), we'll have at least 128m long ships.

But I think I've read somewhere that they plan to introduce 256 and 512 too. But it may be just for static cores.

Theres a harder answer 

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2018 at 5:13 PM, Eternal said:

@Caesares 你会讲国语吗?还是广东话?还是两个都?

(your location says Hong Kong :) )

Yah but that more than anything is to try to appear neutral, and I find Hong Kong to suit that. I only know Spanish and English :P

This information has already been disclosed publicly before the Alpha.

It will depend on your Core Size, such as a 128-Core will allow you to build 128m^3 for example.

Sources: I'm too lazy to actually dig for it.

8 hours ago, Satanish said:

Why build big when you can build many

Cause you need alot of people + good cordination skill + math.

If you want to use many ships well :3.

+ Having more Voxels as Armors and More elements as damage soakers, make big ship less likely to die. And easyer to fix in battle.

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, Dresdon Lightseeker said:

I think i would be interesting if we could build ships in excess of 1k

If you can dream it then you can DU it, or at least within the devs provided means.