CosmicDragon

What do you guys think that the difference between a static core and a dynamic core are? At first I thought that "dynamic" is for a ship or something that would move like dynamic location (although now I think about it, it sounds like a really strange way of putting it), but then some of the comments made by JC wouldn't make sense for example when he talks about making the station move in the gameplay video he says it would just be a matter of putting engines on (although I could be remembering wrong, probably go watch that again after I post this), and when he talks about constructs not being anything until you build them out in other interviews (XPGamers, I think,again memory :\ :P). So I believe that you can toggle between the two states to make a zone editable or not.  If you don't know what a core unit is the latest 3D artwork posted on the DU twitter and is was said to be the first block of any construct. And if this is me being dumb, let me know.

But then again the tweet reads "different types and sizes of core unit" So I am not sure again, why would you need different sizes, unless that is what controls total build area, but a selling point for this game is unlimited build space.

Edited by CosmicDragon

"Perhaps static refers to Cores that have a <final> ownership tag. In other words, the ownership can not be edited or changed. For dynamic types, perhaps ownership can be transferred and shared."

For any construct a player will build, it will require a Core Unit as the first block. This Element contains all the information about the ownership and admin rights (who owns the construct, who can use it, who can edit it, etc). The size of the Core Unit defines the size of the Building Zone around it, and the type of the Core Unit can define which kind of const...ruct you can build with. Dynamic Core Units are for the mobile constructs such as spaceships or hovercrafts. Static Core Units are made for building houses, outposts, or even skycrapers in a city! The models shown below are the smallest sizes: they respectively have a side size of 1, 2, 4 or 16 voxels (equivalent to 25cm, 50cm, 1m or 4m). 

From their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/dualuniverse/photos/a.303621166476929.1073741829.247958025376577/587550578083985/?type=3&theater

A question that was brought up in Discord is if there are "Building Zones" around each of these Core Units, could you have multiple CU's on large constructs? On a station many kilometers across for example, perhaps destroying a CU would only remove ownership on a part of the station.