Mission Terminal Elements

Ryoko_Takahashi

I would like to see a mission terminal element in the game. The idea that is kind of floating around in my head is a touch panel that would allow you to take public (open to anyone) and private (org. only or assigned directly to you by a 3rd party) missions of various categories. IE: Resource Gathering, Transportation, Construction, Bounty, and such things. This could be done with a template setup that might include things like, mission objective, payment, completion time, etc. To make it worth while for the person or org who assembled the terminal, they could receive a small "post fee" or "post tax" or something from the people generating missions on the terminal. Maybe have the terminal also have a maximum range, like only showing missions on that planet? Or perhaps have it be system wide or larger, but make the missions sort-able by estimated distance/travel? I'm thinking that terminals, regardless of who built them, should share the information for ease of use and gameplay. 

Just imagining landing, then coming up to a terminal to collect payment for a bounty mission that I just ran for someone. I don't know, its after 2am for me and this idea just kinda popped into my head, lol. Apologies ahead of time if something like this is already mentioned. 

Well, the correct assessment should be for a terminal Element, that will have functions for it to work as a jobs' board, by allowing players to pin up jobs and rewards. This would require specific Lua commands, not neccesarily a whole new Element imo.

It would be interesting to see jobs that give a non-monetary reward.  Would the job boxes have boxes like the market elements are said to have, and if so can they be raided and broken in to. If this happens and the job is completed but no reward was given, then will a value of trust in the person who posted the job displayed somewhere go down?

It would be interesting to see jobs that give a non-monetary reward.  Would the job boxes have boxes like the market elements are said to have, and if so can they be raided and broken in to. If this happens and the job is completed but no reward was given, then will a value of trust in the person who posted the job displayed somewhere go down?

They will have a lot of protection from the owners of the trading hub tho. Good luck trying to break into a place, with Cthulu knows how many people there trading, most of them being firm believers in the Second Ammendment. Good luck running a heist with your 20 men group, fighting against a 1,000 people who carry arms for their protection. 

And that is, if the trading hub isn't protected by Arkification, set up by the oweners themselves in the first place to avoid anyone killing anyone in the trading hub.

They will have a lot of protection from the owners of the trading hub tho. Good luck trying to break into a place, with Cthulu knows how many people there trading, most of them being firm believers in the Second Ammendment. Good luck running a heist with your 20 men group, fighting against a 1,000 people who carry arms for their protection. 

And that is, if the trading hub isn't protected by Arkification, set up by the oweners themselves in the first place to avoid anyone killing anyone in the trading hub.

In heavily populated areas I agree. But what about when the said board is located on a space station, and the station is destroyed or partially destroyed in some major battle, and neutral unaffiliated Joe is sitting in the wreckage with a completed job and no rightly earned reward? But if the boards are networked then I guess the job posters could get a prompt telling them to put the loot in the box or suffer a standings hit although they would probably have to be set up that way by the players.   

In heavily populated areas I agree. But what about when the said board is located on a space station, and the station is destroyed or partially destroyed in some major battle, and neutral unaffiliated Joe is sitting in the wreckage with a completed job and no rightly earned reward? But if the boards are networked then I guess the job posters could get a prompt telling them to put the loot in the box or suffer a standings hit although they would probably have to be set up that way by the players.   

Spoils of war I guess.

A necessary feature for implementing the nexus system. Although hopefully as mentioned by Twerk it can be configured with the existing units.

The plan is to have individual terminals but link their information in game, for various aspects. Be those missions, or market data on the prices in another trade node and so forth