Question on losing inventory upon death

Caldakar

3 hours ago, unown006 said:

I really do not follow your conclusion as anyone with enough money could potentially do anything 

Unless this cashed up player has a corp behind them then they are nothing more than a very jucy target  ;)

43 minutes ago, CoreVamore said:

Unless this cashed up player has a corp behind them then they are nothing more than a very jucy target  ;)

who needs a corp when you own your own personal solor systym with a private army armed with a 100+ fleet of war ships 

As has been mentioned before, if each subscriber has 3 characters, then one could always stay in safety with most of the quanta you have (if that bit of storage is unlimited). If bulk items/resources cannot be 'magically' carried around in inventory (apart from some arbitrary amount presumably still higher that real human carrying capacities), then I guess those things will need other ways of finding safety even in safe areas, right up to the scale of massive warehouses within territory units.

How much should death be more than just an inconvenience...? ;)

27 minutes ago, dualism said:

As has been mentioned before, if each subscriber has 3 characters, then one could always stay in safety with most of the quanta you have

The question is: can you transfer quanta over long distance, or do you need to physically give it from one char to another?

If the first is true (which is most likely), then lootable quanta brings NOTHING to enhance emergent gameplay. It just creates another tedious ritual of sending quanta whenever danger appears nearby, and even more tedious ritual of sending quanta back when you want to use it.

Not to mention wasting one of your characters (not a big deal - I plan to have one at Ark all the time anyway).

So you still get an envelope with your salary  in cash from your employer instead of having it electronically transferred to your bankaccount?

The idea that Quanta and/or DAC would need to be carried on your person is just silly.

15 minutes ago, CalenLoki said:

The question is: can you transfer quanta over long distance, or do you need to physically give it from one char to another?

If the first is true (which is most likely), then lootable quanta brings NOTHING to enhance emergent gameplay. It just creates another tedious ritual of sending quanta whenever danger appears nearby, and even more tedious ritual of sending quanta back when you want to use it.

Not to mention wasting one of your characters (not a big deal - I plan to have one at Ark all the time anyway).

yea it would add more of a chore

6 hours ago, blazemonger said:

You would have to find thousands of players to work for you..

true But it can be done

5 hours ago, ShioriStein said:

And you have to think smart enough (true is smart than anyone else) to get enough money to maintain your army.

also true but we assume you have infinte money in this scenario

5 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

So you still get an envelope with your salary  in cash from your employer instead of having it electronically transferred to your bankaccount?

The idea that Quanta and/or DAC would need to be carried on your person is just silly.

why should your hard earned cash be carried on your person? answer to make the game more difficult

22 minutes ago, unown006 said:

why should your hard earned cash be carried on your person? answer to make the game more difficult

The "harder" you make the game, the smaller you make the player base.

The smaller the player base, the less money NQ has to spend on improving and expanding the game.

1 hour ago, NanoDot said:

The "harder" you make the game, the smaller you make the player base.

The smaller the player base, the less money NQ has to spend on improving and expanding the game.

I did not say I approved of losing cash on death

1 hour ago, Nanoman said:

Lol what makes you think it's not difficult enough already.

I didnt say it wasnt

17 hours ago, unown006 said:

who needs a corp when you own your own personal solor systym with a private army armed with a 100+ fleet of war ships 

you just said the same thing as me lol

you cant have a private army without it being in your corp/part of your organisation.

So my comment still stands ;)