Builders users experience public vote: UI / Copyrights / Inventory

Jeronimo

Builders experience UI / Copyrights / Inventory  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel more confortable to build?

• Immersive (only from 1st person view)
    • Subversive (pressing alt key would allow moving the camera around)
    • Offline (using a voxel software with subversive view, and online ability to load an offline blueprint)
    • Online Immersive + Offline subversive
    • Online Submersive + Offline subversive
  2. 2. How would you like to share rights on your work in progress creations? on finished and returned back to inventory creations?

• WIP: Everyone can add on and edit
    • WIP: Only my community members can edit
    • WIP: Only me
    • WIP: Will depend on which creations, I would like to have choice
    • Inventory: Modify
    • Inventory: Copy
    • Inventory: Transfer
    • Inventory: I would like to have choice
  3. 3. How would you like created objects be picked up and stored in inventory? Personal creation / Public creations

• Personal: All the matter returns to material inventory and a blueprint is saved separatly
    • Personal: The object is saved with its blueprint and material together
    • Personal: Only the blueprint is returned
    • Personal: I would like to have choice how to return my creation
    • Public: I allow one of the group member to take back in his inventory material and blueprint
    • Public: I allow one of the group member to take back the whole object without blue print
    • Public: I allow all group members to only copy the blueprint
    • Public: I would like to have choice

Why do you think you can just put your constructs back into your inventory?

Its highly unlikely that you'll be able to just suck your stuff back into your inventory.

Especially with bigger constructs.

well JC said we will have technology to compress things at the nano size, so scientificly talking with an atome, if you resize the proton to the size of a foot ball, its electron will turn around with the radius of a stadium. means if you compress, you take off all that air in between protons and electrons you can fit a stadium into a foot ball. 

And i m not only talking about a ship scaled creation, it can be a piece of armor, a little bot, an hover board

Do you remember Bulma in DBZ? she stores all kind of space ships into her tiny capsules! that would be cool

well JC said we will have technology to compress things at the nano size, so scientificly talking with an atome, if you resize the proton to the size of a foot ball, its electron will turn around with the radius of a stadium. means if you compress, you take off all that air in between protons and electrons you can fit a stadium into a foot ball.

And i m not only talking about a ship scaled creation, it can be a piece of armor, a little bot, an hover board

Do you remember Bulma in DBZ? she stores all kind of space ships into her tiny capsules! that would be cool

The size is wrong :P

Unless the stadiums where you live have a diameter of 13.4km.

(factor of about 60000)

(It also wasnt space compression, but space "pockets", making the ratio irrelevant, as its not the limiter for that)

And it would also completely remove everything interesting from transport gameplay.

Why build slow, bumbling, raidable freighters when you can store the whole earth in a cube with ~170 meters edge lenghth?

Everyone would fly around in small, nimble ships, making a one-seater starter ship indistinguishable from a freighter which is moving planetoids around.

The size is wrong :P

Unless the stadiums where you live have a diameter of 13.4km.

(factor of about 60000)

(It also wasnt space compression, but space "pockets", making the ratio irrelevant, as its not the limiter for that)

And it would also completely remove everything interesting from transport gameplay.

Why build slow, bumbling, raidable freighters when you can store the whole earth in a cube with ~170 meters edge lenghth?

Everyone would fly around in small, nimble ships, making a one-seater starter ship indistinguishable from a freighter which is moving planetoids around.

have a bit of imagination on what could be nano compression technologies a thousand years later, and rationanals

think about smaller objets that arent the size of a skyscraper but human size, think about what you not obsessed with

just dream and create a story around it

have a bit of imagination on what could be nano compression technologies a thousand years later, and rationanals

think about smaller objets that arent the size of a skyscraper but human size, think about what you not obsessed with

just dream and create a story around it

i have no idea what you are trying to say there.

dont talk about physics then its even more complicated than that

You started with physics, not me.

And you made a false claim about the empty room in an atom.

And i still have no idea what you are talking about with your mangled statements about nano compression, "rationanals", skyscrapers and "what im not obsessed with".

I demand Trial by Combat against Jeronimo. I know Gun-Fu.

giphy.gif

Seriously though, you shouldn't be able to put whole creations back into your inventory. You should have to deconstruct them the same way you built them, one piece at a time. And I believe that rights to do anything to a construct (blueprint included) will be fully available to define using the RDMS.

giphy.gif

Seriously though, you shouldn't be able to put whole creations back into your inventory. You should have to deconstruct them the same way you built them, one piece at a time. And I believe that rights to do anything to a construct (blueprint included) will be fully available to define using the RDMS.

Well yes thats your point of view, its a fair answer, about game mechanics, thats why i pulled up a poll

its not about if it will be feasable or not to put the death star in your pocket, because in theorie its not, your pocket wont be big enough, but a car size object and smaller could be

The deconstruction process is a good idea, as long as you dont keep the dozen meter cubes of matter in your inventory, otherwise also doesnt make sens not compressing directly the object

Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed

its not about if it will be feasable or not to put the death star in your pocket, because in theorie its not, your pocket wont be big enough, but a car size object and smaller could be

well, death star one is pretty close to fitting into your pocket/backpack with it being down compressable to a cube with 1.6 meters edge lenght

a borg cube (3km edge lenght) would easily fit into a pocket with it being compressed to (5cm)³, or 1/8 of a liter

well, death star one is pretty close to fitting into your pocket/backpack with it being down compressable to a cube with 1.6 meters edge lenght

a borg cube (3km edge lenght) would easily fit into a pocket with it being compressed to (5cm)³, or 1/8 of a liter

lawl, death star not that big finnally

you made the calculation i trust you

giphy.gif

well, the devs can do this

Building of X amounts of blocks taken X amount of time, through a formula that takes into account "material deployment rate" for things like steel or titanium. That way, the "Stronger" a building is, the longer it takes to deconstruct.

BUT, when deocnstructing, you can reverse the formula, but takes a while to take down the building, but not as long as the intitial deployment timer.

As for the materials, make it this way. IF you got a container near the Core Unit of the construct, have a choice to send the materials off of the building you deconstructed to that container. Sure, that container is pretty much a space-truck, but still, it's WAY more realistic than what Jeronimo suggested as "magically compressing mateer up our noses" or w/e crazy stuff he claims by this point. :P

P.S. : Best GIF ever.

• 2 weeks later...

it's WAY more realistic than what Jeronimo suggested as "magically compressing mateer up our noses" or w/e crazy stuff he claims by this point. :P

which was perfectly in line with what we know about Kad(packs), namely that they compress stuff into handy packages.

with their limitations not known at the moment :P

giphy.gif

Perhaps depending on the size it would be a waste to have to deconstruct a one-man vechile

The only question I really feel strongly about answering is the first one.

How would you feel more confortable to build?

I chose Online Immersive + Offline subversive. I think the first-person editing would be a sort of entry-level/touch-up type of building, where new players spend a lot of their creation time and veterens simply make a few small adjustments here and there. Meanwhile, for serious or complex creations, designing the blueprint in a 3D editor would make things easy.

That being said, the ability to make a garage or workshop ingame, where people could use a 3D building mode, might be neat.

--

As far as the other two questions go;

I think that people should be able to choose whether or not their creations are subject to direct cloning.

I'm not sure I understand the third question fully; is it asking about the ability to pocket ships? I think that certainly shouldn't be the case, and I'd argue that if blueprints are involved, certain parts (say, the voxel material) should be unrecoverable once placed. Sure, inventory limits might prevent one from storing a space station in their backpack, but even getting to a location and just eating their land speeder seems too much.

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of scale for C-Y space and the K-packs:

Calabi-Yau is theorized as beginning to occur at perhaps 1/1000000000000000 of a meter.

Atomic scale is matter is composed of atoms, and the distances of the pieces of the atoms exist at 10^15 meters. That is 0.000000000000001 meters. Atomic scale fits in C-Y space.

If we take a person to be on the average 1 and a half to 2 and a half meters tall – we consider the Calabi-Yau distances to be about 2 million million million times smaller than a human.

So what the tech likely does is deconstruct matter at the atomic level, then stores that mass in the C-Y space. The Blueprint attached to the tech can then reassemble the resultant stored masses/atoms (of the correct type) back into the right material.

You may find that storage of actual items is out of scope and you cannot carry a "ship" in your pocket, only all the required materials which the "voxel gun" (or whatever the build tool will be called) then spits out according to blueprints. It would, from a certain perspective, appear that you are "unstoring and object".

Calabi-Yau is theorized as beginning to occur at perhaps 1/1000000000000000 of a meter.

Atomic scale is matter is composed of atoms, and the distances of the pieces of the atoms exist at 10^15 meters. That is 0.000000000000001 meters. Atomic scale fits in C-Y space.

If we take a person to be on the average 1 and a half to 2 and a half meters tall – we consider the Calabi-Yau distances to be about 2 million million million times smaller than a human.

So what the tech likely does is deconstruct matter at the atomic level, then stores that mass in the C-Y space. The Blueprint attached to the tech can then reassemble the resultant stored masses/atoms (of the correct type) back into the right material.

You may find that storage of actual items is out of scope and you cannot carry a "ship" in your pocket, only all the required materials which the "voxel gun" (or whatever the build tool will be called) then spits out according to blueprints. It would, from a certain perspective, appear that you are "unstoring and object".

yeah thats the nano compression concept, that a stadium once compressed to maximum could fit into a foot ball

the concept story is good if you dont look too far behind for answers

in reality, if this kind of compression could be made possible, then the foot ball will have the weigh of the stadium once compressed, since the compression is about taking out all empty space (air) between protons and neutrons

but this part we d better not mentionning it

maybe that how Thor's hammer is made

We aren't entirely sure what the character carrying capacity is going to be like. This could be some pocket-dimension level nonsense.

It might be that character inventory is based on volume or mass. I'd imagine if you can carry X amount of mass, and it took X amount of mass to build a small spaceship, you could probably just pocket the ship in the same way you pocketed the polymer and elements you built the ship out of in the first place.

But if the ship has a mass of 2X, and it took you 2 trips from your warehouse with the materials on your person to build the thing, there may be no storing it now that it's built. It may be that after you upgrade your character inventory you can now pocket your bigger ship, sort of like upgrading your bags in WOW.

Not super realistic and somewhat immersion breaking, but hey, could be pretty dang fun!