Sign in to follow this  
Mod-Meldrik

Accessing the Alpha Forum Section

Hello Noveans,

With the release of the Supporter Packs, many new Patron Supporter testers have been getting instant access to the game, for testing. On the forum side (The Alpha Feedback section access), this process takes a bit longer due to several factors. Hopefully the following rundown can help shine some light into how this process works.

- The following information has been verified with Novaquark to be 100% accurate –

Community Portal Status

When someone acquires a Patron or Supporter Pack, the status is automatically updated on the Community Portal. This is an automatic update because of the full control Novaquark has over this platform.

Community Forums Status

The forums work a little different than the Community Portal.

• Forum users get their backer status updated the first time they log in AFTER having acquired a Supporter Pack
    • (if the forum account is older than the backer status and the option "stay connected" is activated, the forum account won't update). 
  • Once the “Patron Supporter” Or "Sponsor Supporter" title is on your account, you can now be approved to have your Alpha access to the Forums. This process, however, is done manually by the Community Managers.
    • - A query is done in which all the accounts with the “Patron Supporter” or "Sponsor Supporter" status, that have the “Member” rank, are moved over to the “Alpha Tester” forum group. -`
  • This manual update is done once per week, but, if you are in a hurry to get access to the Alpha Feedback forums, contacting customer support via support@novaquark.com will cut down your wait time to usually, 24-48hrs, during work hours.

- The above message has been verified by @NQ-Nyzaltar to be 100% accurate. -

Hopefully, this helps answer the question on why your account does not have access to the forums' Alpha Feedback section. :)

~ Meldrik

Edit: Updated 18/12/2018

Edited by Mod-Meldrik

On my Profile, under "Profile Information", it says:
backer_title    Silver Founder
Alpha 1    Yes

However, I don't see anything that says "Patron Supporter", nor can I find an Alpha forum.  The Email I received about accessing the Alpha implied I would see the forum, but I can't find it.  I've tried to log out of all devices and log in again, and I can't find anything that indicates "Stay connected".  The game client appears to be attempting to connect me to the ongoing Alpha testing, so I think I should be authorized access to the Alpha forum.

I can't find anything indicating anything else I need to do for access to the Alpha subforum ... can anyone direct me to where I should look for this info?

6 hours ago, Boegs said:

On my Profile, under "Profile Information", it says:
backer_title    Silver Founder
Alpha 1    Yes

However, I don't see anything that says "Patron Supporter", nor can I find an Alpha forum.  The Email I received about accessing the Alpha implied I would see the forum, but I can't find it.  I've tried to log out of all devices and log in again, and I can't find anything that indicates "Stay connected".  The game client appears to be attempting to connect me to the ongoing Alpha testing, so I think I should be authorized access to the Alpha forum.

I can't find anything indicating anything else I need to do for access to the Alpha subforum ... can anyone direct me to where I should look for this info?

Log out of the forum and back in again 

I am in the same boat.  Silver Founder, Alpha 1 Yes.

I spent several hours in game yesterday.  I don't see any sort of Alpha subforum.

I did to an explicit logout and log back into the forums.  Nothing new showed up.

Same with me. Silver backer, played last night, followed link in my email to Alpha sub forum, logged in to forums, can't find the Alpha sub forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:31 PM, Mod-Meldrik said:
  • Once the “Patron Supporter” Or "Sponsor Supporter" title is on your account, you can now be approved to have your Alpha access to the Forums. This process, however, is done manually by the Community Managers.

As this is public holidays, manual update may be slower than usual, don't panic ;).

It usually takes one or two working days to get access to the restricted sub-forums.

~ Merwyn