Greetings!

Guest Annabella

Guest Annabella

So excited to be here! Just chomping at the bit to get in game and give it a whirl!

What I've seen of the videos so far it looks AMAZING!

Well, the first video game I played (on a 32 bit+ processor) was EVE Online. It's held a special place in my heart for a very long time, but it was time to move on. I've searched high and low for a new place to call home, from the ancient temples of Ryzom to the gangling hordes in Guild Wars 2, I have yet to find a home till now.

From what I've seen, this is everything I had hoped EVE would strive to become and never could or would. From landing on a planet and walking among the grass to flying though the asteroids and building a station, may it be a journey!

Guest Annabella

actually somewhere between a year and 2 years ago was the final straw for me with EVE. I would roll the system wormholes. With in one week I lost 3 orcas to lag. The servers in EVE have become so borked that the last and final WH that I tried to roll which should of taken me 6 jumps to collapse was still open and showing that it had not even diminished snapped shut behind me on the 19th jump.

So no, I hung on long after Incarna, I don't easily give up on things I love.

Guest Annabella

Noooooo, not the EVE mindset! LOL I was a complete care-bare, rorq miner and all.

I hope it is not EVE 2.0, I already saw that happen in Life is Feudal! I felt sorry for the LiF players that didn't know the EVE politics because they didn't have a clue to what was going on. And when goons hacked the game...... It was EVE 2.0 for sure, really don't want to see that again.

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Noooooo, not the EVE mindset! LOL I was a complete care-bare, rorq miner and all.

I hope it is not EVE 2.0, I already saw that happen in Life is Feudal! I felt sorry for the LiF players that didn't know the EVE politics because they didn't have a clue to what was going on. And when goons hacked the game...... It was EVE 2.0 for sure, really don't want to see that again.

well it can't be eve 2.0 because there are way different mechanics in DU.

but politics, scamms, thiefs and all that stuff will happen too - that's natural for a sandbox run by players. But imho the good stuff will be there too (would be boring without whiteknights)

Welcome Anna! I agree with you about Eve and DU. DU is what I wanted in an mmo.  A game that can quite literally be shaped by the player both physically and with words (politics, etc). I wished Eve did have the ability to walk on the planets, but the thing that I love the most about this game compared to Eve is the ability to create anything. There are no pre-defined structures or ships (except for the elements that are comprised of the ship such as cockpit, etc). That is what I had really always wanted. It allows for so much creativity and I just am really excited to see what people make and how those creations influence the game's gameplay.

On another note. You said you are a miner, and my org (Mind's Reach) is in need of miners right now. If you are interested come check out my org. https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/minds-reach

Anyways I hope you enjoy this game as much as Eve (if not more)

Glad

Welcome, Anna.

I've never played Eve myself, yet I feel I'm already more involved in DU than any other game I've played.  So it does attract both players from Eve and those who come from very different backgrounds.

Welcome Anna,

Hope we have alot of fun together ingame!! And i hope you can find your home here again, I know i already did, even while DU isnt even out yet. The road some of us have traveled to a new home can be long and rocky but in the end its the destination that will define you again!

Greetzz Aaron  And a wish from the heart from one carebear to another that you will find your home here ;)