Bounty Hunting System: A criminal deterrant or RP device?

Kurock

52 minutes ago, ShioriStein said:

So suggest we should have heavier penalty  after been killed with people who got bounty surpass some point like : lost money, lost skill , penalty to some status like health, speed, ...

So if someone rich decides to place bounty on you, then you get killed and lose skills? Pretty fair. Especially for solo players or if someone dislikes you pretty hard and places bounty on you non stop.

2 hours ago, Zamarus said:

c.) the penalties should also be a player driven factor, not a system 

Penalties I've listed are not so strict and don't exclude any kind of community response.

2 hours ago, Zamarus said:

b.) Individual orgs and alliances should get to decide themselves how to treat what they consider to be "criminal acts"

My point is that some basic, inbuilt system may exist, but at the same time orgs/alliances may extend the system by their own actions. The main difference is that SS system cannot be avoided but org/alliance response to your actions is a question to that orgs if they want to spend time on you.

15 minutes ago, Miamato said:

So if someone rich decides to place bounty on you, then you get killed and lose skills? Pretty fair. Especially for solo players or if someone dislikes you pretty hard and places bounty on you non stop.

Penalties I've listed are not so strict and don't exclude any kind of community response.

They are strict, and prevents certain playstyles from thriving. 

No inbuilt system that punishes the player for playing like pirates, outlaws you name it is planned so far IIRC and i hope it wont 

6 minutes ago, Zamarus said:

No inbuilt system that punishes the player for playing like pirates, outlaws you name it is planned so far IIRC and i hope it wont 

The only strict thing is such rule may prevent from having base in safe zone. From my point of view it's quite logical if player cannot rely much on safe zones if he decides to be a pirate.

And I don't claim anything I've suggested is planned. Just treat it as my own vision

2 hours ago, Miamato said:

Probably you have misunderstood my point. 

Org standing and Security Status are not the same metrics and do not influence each other directly. Having a positive org standing doesn't mean players cannot attack each other, rather they most likely shouldn't, because it will influence org relations in general. Having negative org standing doesn't mean you can attack opponent with no penalty, but more that your corporations have tensions with each other.

War declaration may mean that you can attack opponents without issues or SS drop. 

Security status is more about personal player metrics that is defined by his interaction with other players:

• If you are griefing - you lose SS.
  • Attacking players without declared war - lose SS, attacked player received time-limited kill right on you.
  • Stealing - lose SS.

If SS is lower than some threshold:

• Anyone can attack you and your stuff without losing SS
  • Your property in safe zones is arrested and cannot be used
  • Market interaction is partially blocked or more taxes are applied or you can use only black market

SS can be gained by some routine repetitive quests, so you should think twice before break the law :)

The eve system doesn't work in Du for plenty of reasons.

- griefing is Not defined by some Automatic system

- there are no quests

- in UA everyone can attack everyone else since that territory isn't owned by anyone. So there can't be any sec hits

- the safezone is there for a reason. You can't block access to it just because they're pirates. The RN of EVERYONE will be located there too.

- you still didn't adress the points i Made earlier.

Nope, that's definitely not how Du should handle it as it's just a Bad idea imho

2 hours ago, Miamato said:

I have said, "Surpass" some point. Mean it prevent people griefing, or they can just make 5 people place max bounty on one people as a point.

I think the surpass point should be the point that griefing place for fun cant do it because it not worth to do it.

Also the higher the bounty, the chance that you lost something more is more. lost more than 1 skills is enough to make everyone fear.

Why is there any need for a separate bounty hunting system? This whole premise should be covered under a player contracting system. 

If you want to place a bounty on someone, you create an Open contract with a target, price, and request specified. With a Smart Contract system, the bounty will automatically complete once conditions are met.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, AzureSkye said:

Why is there any need for a separate bounty hunting system? This whole premise should be covered under a player contracting system. 

If you want to place a bounty on someone, you create an Open contract with a target, price, and request specified. With a Smart Contract system, the bounty will automatically complete once conditions are met.

To be honest, I totally agree with this statement. If the Player Contracting System is done perfect, there's really no reason to have also a Bounty Hunting system. I'm sure NQ is looking to making this happen... ~(°-°)~

But yeah,  Full fledged contracting system should cover that too...

Knowing TutsieRoll he'd be the 1st one to put a bounty on my head and have Swifty collect it :/ 

Cheers,
Comrademoco

I found this statement in a devblog.

This will enable members of different Organizations to fight between themselves and kill each other, without being the target of reprisal mechanics (like bounty hunting) if a war has been declared between the said Organizations.

This is from  ORGANIZATIONS: PURPOSE & MANAGEMENT.  This is a year old ( posted March 31, 2017) and things may change,  but it gives me the impression Novaquark was planning for bounty hunting to be a mostly automated system, instead of one where players could place a bounty on whoever they chose.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 1:11 AM, AzureSkye said:

agree. Btw a more complex system is only able to harm the aggressing player and it's easy to bypass the penalty with a second acc.

IThe bounty system should be abusable.  Anything else is too restrictive.

If you want to punish the punished to make it more risk reward you could always it that any player Id that has has a bounty or has had a bounty redeemed  on them can't enter your bubble for a week. 

In other words make it so that individual groups can decide how lawful their local area is and as a little as possible should be restricted in full space.