Ship building game closest to DU

PetraPrime

Hello, I recently found out about du and am super excited! But want to do something while waiting for it to come out.

So I was wondering what game would be the best to make and design ships for DU. My top picks are space engineers and empyrion.

Will we need space to wire all the components together? Fuel lines, wires etc.? Or anything else we know at this point?

I have read every thing I could before I asked, maybe we don't know enough to answer these questions.

Thanks!

Try SE, though Du won't have the physics because it's meant as a MMO. 

You can find the latest AMA on dualthegame.com and one question was about electricity. It'll be ingame at some point so my personal (!!!) Bet is that at some Point you have to link everything with Power. Fuel and functionality of elements is just done via a virtual link (See videos of ship builds).

Hi @PetraPrime,

SE is a good reference. Empyrion is a lot inspired from SE, so I believe you can consider them as the same regarding ship building.

Another game which is closer from the "voxel ship" experience is Avorion. It's a nice little game made by 3 guys.

On the other hand, I don't think DU aims to become as accurate as Kerbal Space Program for the space sim part.

Otherwise, you can make your own opinion watching the official atmo ship tutorial (and other ones):

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2018 at 7:53 PM, PetraPrime said:

Hello, I recently found out about du and am super excited! But want to do something while waiting for it to come out.

So I was wondering what game would be the best to make and design ships for DU. My top picks are space engineers and empyrion.

Will we need space to wire all the components together? Fuel lines, wires etc.? Or anything else we know at this point?

I have read every thing I could before I asked, maybe we don't know enough to answer these questions.

Thanks!

I know many people who are using starmade as a placeholder for DU

The 2 closest Ship building games compared to Dual Universe I can think of would be Space Engineers and Empyrion they or both on Steam and you can use things like YouTube to see actual game footage and player creations !

Personally to me DU is a step way above both of these games and the systems they use but that my personal opinion and I cant talk about DU ship building system do to NDA but there or videos also out there like the Dev Diary's  on ship build in  Dual Universe and some of that still might change seeing we are in Pre-Alpha.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, GunDeva said:

The 2 closest Ship building games compared to Dual Universe I can think of would be Space Engineers and Empyrion they or both on Steam and you can use things like YouTube to see actual game footage and player creations !

Personally to me DU is a step way above both of these games and the systems they use but that my personal opinion and I cant talk about DU ship building system do to NDA but there or videos also out there like the Dev Diary's  on ship build in  Dual Universe and some of that still might change seeing we are in Pre-Alpha.

I'm with you on that! And the idea that there are so many other options players can explore such as open markets, bounty hunting and exploration!