[Poll] How will we die?

DarkTemplar

Poll -- First Deaths  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How will they die

2. 2. How long will it take?

I'm just curious to know how long the community things it will take until one of us die. Answer the poll and post below any other ways you can think of them dying and who it might be.

Initially I thought it would be fall damage, but then I thought about being in alpha and how unstuck commands are usually suicide commands, lol. Hopeful for no invisible walls and falling through the planets, but I'm sure it will happen at least once. Once we are into live/retail though, definitely fall damage. Night time and cliffs/valleys = no bueno  :P 

Course, if we are armed.... I can't rule out that I wouldn't shoot the first person I see  :blink: 

EDIT: I love that no one thinks any of us will last long enough to starve or drown, lol!!

Initially I thought it would be fall damage, but then I thought about being in alpha and how unstuck commands are usually suicide commands, lol. Hopeful for no invisible walls and falling through the planets, but I'm sure it will happen at least once. Once we are into live/retail though, definitely fall damage. Night time and cliffs/valleys = no bueno  :P 

Course, if we are armed.... I can't rule out that I wouldn't shoot the first person I see  :blink: 

EDIT: I love that no one thinks any of us will last long enough to starve or drown, lol!!

well we don't know if there is a hungry mechanic yet. and I just see someone being dumb building up a tower and falling

It's almost always fall damage that gets me on a new game. Going to check out the sweet view and overstepping the ledge or lagging over. Hopefully it's not like DayZ where I just broke my leg, crawled back to the city eating cans of beans on the way, just to get shot by a bandit that took my dirty rags.

I would vote "suicide", since it would be the most likely cause at releases of such games due to bugs (which are unavoidable). Combine that with the open world mechanic and people's creative curiosity, and I can almost bet you that someone will inevitably kill themselves while trying to build something and have a 'block' fall on the crushing them to death, or kill themselves on a bug by opening a door, or kill themselves by going somewhere they shouldn't go to, or simply charge a bunch of hostile NPCs in a leroy jenkins fashion. 

Also, technically, falling and drowning are also forms of 'suicide', unless another player causes one to fall, or holds their head under water (or rather, in game terms, shoots the limbs off a person trying to swim). 

The resurrection node sounds a lot like sync mod in minecraft. Maybe we will need a pig on a thread mill to power it. When I played crash landing in minecraft I ended up with three full but unpowered sync clones and four graves at one point. Everything was going wrong. 

There is a catch though if you are raiding an enemy base or doing a boarding action on a big ship and the nearest node is inside the enemies base or ship it would count as an exploit. 

Clearly the node you make will be indexed to you, proxied to your organisation and locked as far as anyone else is concerned. Only the one at the Ark and an unlocked one in private market builds would be open to all.   

I don't think everyone has gotten JC's idea yet. Ship combat does not end when you have shot up the ship successfully. You have to follow up with a boarding action on the disabled ship to shut down their Resurrection node and any hidden power system. Then you hunt down the last crew man and look for a hidden backup node somewhere. Being a pirate will be hard work. It will take time. 
Meanwhile ten more ships roll through the gate angry as hell and a glance at the cargo tells you this one only hauling stone. 

It would be really cute if the top level spy skill allowed them to use the nearest enemy Resurrection Node but you arrived in a jump suit with an empty inventory.