Hey, new player here :)

Hey guys, i just discovered this game a few weeks ago and it looks like what i was searching for years to play and enjoy, I crawled on the forums checking for updates and stuff, and i decided that maybe its the time to introduce myself and make friends here :)

I will join the ranks of Alpha people since i cant afford the pre-alpha and i would like to help with the testing when the alpha is launched :)

I am a game tester irl and i really enjoy this job :D, so i hope i can be a good addition with ideas on how or what to test in alpha  :)

Well that's about it for me right now :) hope to see you guys soon in alpha. Hf and Gl to everyone. o/

Hey Feral,

Welcome to the community, always great to see new players discover the game. If I may ask how did you find out about DU and what was your first impression like? What attracted your attention? Any grand plans once you get started in Alpha? Your testing experience will probably come in really handy, its not always easy to reproduce an issue perhaps you could even teach us a thing or two.

Welcome Feral! I remember when I was younger when I wanted to be a game tester, but I never decided to chase that path. It seems like you got the job that my younger self wanted. How is game testing?

Like soul said, that testing knowledge will come in really handy. It will also allow you to connect the dots on things that could possibly interact with each other that was not previously thought of. That type of perspective, among of things, will help expand the pool of lens that the pre-alpha testers will see through when the game goes into alpha and the NDA is lifted.

Speaking of doing what was previously not thought of, that is one of the main things that my org is built around. We value knowledge because it gives us power and you seem like you could have a lot of it. If you are interested, come check org out and/or hop on discord to come and chat.

https://community.dualthegame.com/organization/minds-reach

Anyways I hope you enjoy the Alpha tests

Glad

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Msoul, to answer your questions i heard about the game from a friend that also waits for it to appear, as for my impression, i used to play EVE online casually because i felt like something was missing, didn't hope to ever find a game like eve but with more freedom in shaping the world, this game has exactly what i felt it was missing to eve, it blow my mind.

It's true that i am still a little worried with all that happened to other similar games, don't think i need to name any from what i seen most ppl here used to play at least one of them :D, but i decided to have faith in this project, don't ask me why, it seems pretty solid for alpha and i doubt the devs would let a game so promising to die, they work to hard to make what they got.

As for my plans for the alpha to help with the testing, i thought of a few things, some would require for a few corps to co-op and focus specifically on organized testing, i can also help with the writing of the bugs so that it would be easier for the devs to understand and find the issue that causes the problems,working as a tester you soon find out that the dev people are a more special kind of people :D (no offense :P), hopefully the devs here have a different way of thinking and accept advice and help from others, unlike most i met that are proud of their work and too arrogant to listen to a simple tester (yeah it's a pain in the ass, makes it hard to work with them).

It would also be great if we together with the crew of DU would create a simple thread to be pinned where they would guide us to where the testing would be needed, for example, needing more help in testing LUA, or the engines, maybe they got a crash on a component with a reproduction rate so low that they cant pin what the problem is, in this case a few organizations would offer invaluable reproduction attempts and the very needed information, and so on the examples can continue.

I would truly love to see the DU crew work together with the community so that we make this game together exactly what we expect it to be.

Also Gladiator 550 i have to humbly reject the offer to join the organization until i will join the game with my friends, we will decide together what to do :). As for the job,it's a job like any other job, it's not only for the young ones, i am pretty sure i am older than most people here and this job earns me enough to do everything i want :) once you have some experience and you advance this job is quite good paying and very relaxed.

On 4/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, Feral Crow said:

Also Gladiator 550 i have to humbly reject the offer to join the organization until i will join the game with my friends, we will decide together what to do :). As for the job,it's a job like any other job, it's not only for the young ones, i am pretty sure i am older than most people here and this job earns me enough to do everything i want :) once you have some experience and you advance this job is quite good paying and very relaxed.

Fair enough. Well when you guys are deciding on orgs, my door is always open! Being a game testers is like a dream job for some. It can kinda equate it to being a streamer. You get paid to play video games (if you are semi-popular), yet one is more formal than the other.