gyurka66

Without gameplay mechanics a pub or a bar is pretty pointless in a video game. Star Wars Galaxies used buffs from music, dance, or any other entertainment to solve this. Because this the bars were crowded. They were good places to take a breather. I hope this system will make its way to DU.

I like your style, but I don't think the pree NGE dance buffs can be applicable here. Sure, a player may add a jukebox in the game that provides a buff and the player in return has some form of reward in the sense his bar is chosen more frequently by players. Who knows.

It would indeed make for an interesting time. 
I think this is a sound idea, as long as the buffs aren't extreme and are just more to do with some mundane stats that we hate trying to deal with so people actually use it :P

I'll be original .... a Twi'lek dancer .....

although seriously I do like the idea.  Something that encourages social establishments like a bar.  I was thinking of making one anyway but just not sure what else besides my great personality could encourage people to hang out.

Strike that, my personality would have the opposite effect more than likely.

bars could be a place missions of a certain kind pop up in, assuming missions are a thing in DU, and minigames, if we want to take it further, I'm imagining like in red dead redemption, little gambling minigames etc that provide monetary rewards, or maybe other things, and generally increase immersion

also having the ability to designate an area as a bar in the editor should cause those varieties of npc to congregate, though I'm getting ahead of myself here

its a really good idea mate

Bars could also be remote places to find jobs (head hunting?) but also social places, trading places (black market?)

The game will for sure need tons of body animations and emoticons to animate those places

And why not some scripted jukeboxes which will be playing url radios

JC already said there wouldn't be NPCs in game ... but a player made job board is possible

yup i am aware

was talking about us in that bar animating it, but if we have to stick to one pose, that wont be funky

• 2 months later...