Dual Universe Building Fonts - Ennea Font

Loglyn

Building in Dual Universe could do with a simple basis font that is small so that it can create any letter, and the larger the font is the more different it can become. for the limited options of small sized fonts a simple name for that font would be useful; Which I propose as Ennea Font. (Ennea is greek for 9; the amount of voxels this type of font takes up per letter.

There is also a Hexa Font. Alas, some letters are hard to read at this level.

W and M require a minimum of 4 voxels wide, and I doesn't need any width. S is actually more legible as 2 voxels wide. 

I hope having names for these fonts and the font being available to be copied for in game will speed up some design processes.

~Loughlin

EnneaFont-Loughlin.JPG

HexaFont.JPG

8 hours ago, Lethys said:

?

Just write the way you like it ?

Technically you could design a font that minimises the amount of voxels used but still looks pretty. Therefore saving you money. So it would be the most logical option.

On 28.3.2018 at 9:17 PM, Loughlin said:

Building in Dual Universe could do with a simple basis font that is small so that it can create any letter, and the larger the font is the more different it can become. for the limited options of small sized fonts a simple name for that font would be useful; Which I propose as Ennea Font. (Ennea is greek for 9; the amount of voxels this type of font takes up per letter.

W and M require a minimum of 4 voxels wide, and I doesn't need any width. S is actually more legible as 2 voxels wide. 

I hope having names for these fonts and the font being available to be copied for in game will speed up some design processes.

~Loughlin

EnneaFont-Loughlin.JPG

HexaFont.JPG

I like this =)

20 hours ago, Veld said:

Technically you could design a font that minimises the amount of voxels used but still looks pretty. Therefore saving you money. So it would be the most logical option.

Saving 2 voxels per Word since 2018. Rock on

2 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Saving 2 voxels per Word since 2018. Rock on

You have 150 ships rolling around advertising stuff with this font on various planets. Each has 3 words on them. 150*2*3 is 900. That's 900 voxels you could be saving your corp rolling around just for advertising. Maximum quality control and maximum efficiency is the ultimate goal of a designer in a corporate scenario.

People recreated and designed and shared tons of fonts made out of voxels in Landmark.

If you build it and share it i'm sure it will be appreciated.  :) 

I have a favorite font that i'm waiting to build until they implement the voxel library feature.  It's 5x5 though.  Anything smaller then that and it gets pretty limited.

Every voxel absolutely does matter too.  A 5x5 font is pretty big.  There are times when something smaller is handy.

Having the display screens in DU is a total game changer when it comes to signage.  I'm pretty excited about that.  But I'm sure there will still be times that voxel lettering will be useful.

11 hours ago, Megaladontamer said:

2nd one's letters are worse except M N W V Y S these imo are cooler looking.

yeah; for the second font Hexa I tried to make it with 3 voxels less wide. It made it alot harder to read and right; so Ennea font is probably better.

On 4/4/2018 at 5:35 AM, Atmosph3rik said:

People recreated and designed and shared tons of fonts made out of voxels in Landmark.

If you build it and share it i'm sure it will be appreciated.  :) 

I have a favorite font that i'm waiting to build until they implement the voxel library feature.  It's 5x5 though.  Anything smaller then that and it gets pretty limited.

Every voxel absolutely does matter too.  A 5x5 font is pretty big.  There are times when something smaller is handy.

Having the display screens in DU is a total game changer when it comes to signage.  I'm pretty excited about that.  But I'm sure there will still be times that voxel lettering will be useful.

Yeah at 5x3 you can make every letter out of just cubes! and also have the N at 5x4, and M & N at 5x5.

On 3/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, Loughlin said:

~Loughlin

EnneaFont-Loughlin.JPG

HexaFont.JPG

This is a very interesting conversation. Almost all sci-fi games and movies have to try and separate themselves from the real world, and one of the ways of doing that is different fonts. Interesting to see what will come of this.