Airlines?

Eternal

This is just an idea regarding what the player-base can do. Have anyone thought of running a commercial-Airline in this game? The Airline-fleet is acquired by ordering ship-types from manufacturers. This will be composed of assets that can carry many passengers per flight (we are talking about 300+ passengers like the Boeing 777-300ER). The crew will be composed of a Captain, a First-Officer, a Coordinator, a Mechanic/Technician, and Cabin-Crews (Flight-attendants), and maybe a medic. The airline will offer classes of seats (economy-class, business-class, premiums, etc). You have to buy your flight-ticket prior to your flight, and in the counter, they will issue you your boarding-pass. There will be code-sharing-agreement between airlines also. 

I work for an airline and they give like 8 free 1-way-flights yearly as benefits for working in the company (I would like to see something like that in the game as well). The company that I work for is a low-cost-Airline. While the fares are cheaper in comparison, they charge you a lot for extra baggage and oversize (they also do Cargo, so they do profit a lot). 

Have anyone seen the movie "The Passengers"? Something like that for Dual Universe, a space-based airline that will have a long voyage. 

Image result for passengers

A sophisticated Airline in this game will have to structure their operations and conduct (that's a COO's job), while a CEO's job is managing the whole organization. We call this firm-management. The airline will probably be owned and operated by a corporation. 

Ofcourse, there are risks. It will go on the airline's "incident and accident" record and will count as a loss to the company (for example, piracy).

When there is loss and liabilities, there is insurance. I am also hoping to see organizations in this game selling insurance coverage.

English (deepl used)

an interesting idea, if the avatars of the passengers arrive at their destination even when logged out. Then it would be possible to do something else with another Avatar.

German (original)

Hallo Eternal,
eine interessante Idee, wenn die Avatare der Passagiere auch im ausgeloggtem Zustand  am Ziel ankommen. Dann währe es möglich solange mit einem anderen Avatar etwas anderes zu machen.

Die Waldfee

Are we gonna have like a bed-element in this game where your character can sleep and log-out on, and when you log-in, you spawn in it? Since the ship is moving, the bed inside will also move along with the ship. That is 1 solution that I am thinking to have. Use the bed as a log-out-mechanic because the ship is moving, and you spawn exactly on the location where you log-out (it's not possible to spawn in the ship when it's moving). 

I propose this to NQ. @NQ-Nyzaltar, please look at this.

English (deepl used)

Hello Warden,
you have a new destination or your avatar is dead. Virtual life is also dangerous. You shouldn't travel with "never come back" Airlines.

German (original)

Hallo Warden,
dann hast Du ein neues Reiseziel oder Dein Avatar ist Tot. Auch virtuelles Leben ist gefährlich. Man sollte eben nicht mit "never come back" Fluggesellschaften unterwegs sein.

Die Waldfee

16 hours ago, Eternal said:

(it's not possible to spawn in the ship when it's moving)

Does this mean planets don't spin or orbit either? ;)

I would have thought that char coordinates are relative to whatever main ship core unit they are with, regardless of whether logged in or not. If the ship is destroyed, then the database needs to transfer the bodies to whatever res node they have active, but I don't think that is a problem. I know nothing as yet about any bed/capsule mechanics, but I assume passengers on flights will be pretty common and they won't be restricted to seats necessarily. I've also not yet seen info on ships with hangar bays, so the ability to tie smaller ship constructs to a bigger ship coords, but I imagine this is fully in the plans too. After all, the whole scripting thing is about linking units to each other with command connectivity, so I see no problems with docking of some kind and anchoring your own little ship. I have no idea whether this will give passengers additional safety or not, or whether the insides of ships are like mini-TUs with their own permissions...

I like the idea of players transporting other players.  One of my favorite aspects of early Everquest was that the Wizard class could teleport themselves and others.  And it was the only way to get around other then walking.  So you either needed to make friends with a Wizard, or pay one.

I don't know about the "discount airline" concept though.

There would have to be some way to violently drag another player off the plane for no reason.  :blink:

19 hours ago, Warden said:

And if the bed is removed or destroyed during offline-absence? 

Then you respawn in resurrection-node or default-respawn-spot. You cannot remove a bed when someone is sleeping in it. However, if it's destroyed (from the PVP), then they died offline and will have to respawn. That is the persistent way of doing it.

I imagine how nice it would be to close all players on board of such transport ship, move it to some distant hidden place and leave there waiting for most of them to commit suicide. Then just loot corpses and repeat :) 

Even  better is to ask them to change spawn point to some custom spawn node, go to space. make that not inaccessible, destroy beds - every passenger is not a slave :)

Bad Airline, if anyone dare to do that with me, i will call the "Galactic Police" to arrest them (if there is one ). And Down-Vote them :).

On 26.3.2018 at 12:24 PM, huschhusch said:
English (deepl used)

Hello Warden,
you have a new destination or your avatar is dead. Virtual life is also dangerous. You shouldn't travel with "never come back" Airlines.

Would love to see airline with this name. Also "real quick landings airlines", "one plane, one landing airlines" or "get out anytime airlines".