Bullnose Tool

Admiral

• 2 weeks later...

So like a fillet tool? A bevel tool would also be cool. Most basic CAD tools would be cool thinking about it. Like a hole wizard or an extrude tool for example.

On 4/8/2018 at 6:05 PM, Veld said:

So like a fillet tool? A bevel tool would also be cool. Most basic CAD tools would be cool thinking about it. Like a hole wizard or an extrude tool for example.

Honestly, I'm still holding out hope for a solid CAD implementation. Love me some constraints and relationships. 

• 5 weeks later...

I want basic cad tools!!! Even using a extremely basic in game cad would be awsome! Check out Onshape. It’s a simple cad program based on the cloud! You can run it off of chrome! Implementing this would be huge for bilders. As nq was saying you can specialize in a specific career so why can’t cad and building be a part of this. Cad is not difficult to lead but is extremely powerful tool. I would love to see nq implement this. 

On 4/9/2018 at 7:32 AM, Veld said:

If they do add CAD it would have to be done in a way that didn't exclude people that didn't know it though.

No, not really. Just like LUA. If you want to go the extra mile and learn something to improve your skills, go ahead, but don't be limited by making everything within the skills of everybody. There's no unfair advantage granted to those who learn a simple in-game CAD system... The current voxel tools will always be available to those who don't want to go the extra mile and learn something... That's like saying they should make a visual IDE for LUA so people don't feel excluded from programming :P

2 minutes ago, LittleJoe said:

No, not really. Just like LUA. If you want to go the extra mile and learn something to improve your skills, go ahead, but don't be limited be making everything within the skills of everybody. There's no unfair advantage granted to those who learn a simple in-game CAD system...

If you've ever used solidworks you'll know what I'm talking about. I honestly spent my first few hours stumbling through the UI and restarting the program over and over. Same with blender. What you're thinking of is if the CAD system were separate from the basic voxel system - which is how I think it should be done. What I don't want is some god awful UI and counter intuitive system being thrown in people's faces. And with LUA scripts you're given default scripts already. It's pretty different.

3 hours ago, Veld said:

If you've ever used solidworks you'll know what I'm talking about. I honestly spent my first few hours stumbling through the UI and restarting the program over and over. Same with blender. What you're thinking of is if the CAD system were separate from the basic voxel system - which is how I think it should be done. What I don't want is some god awful UI and counter intuitive system being thrown in people's faces. And with LUA scripts you're given default scripts already. It's pretty different.

Even if it were awful, people would still take the time to learn it. If you don't want to learn it, just use the normal tools :P I have used solidworks and it wouldn't need to be nearly as complicated.

1 hour ago, Kuritho said:

CAD? You mean 'mandatory for any building + engineering game', right?

what people are suggesting with a CAD system wouldn't be mandatory at all, just another way/tool to build with the same voxels. a simple addition for those who want more control over their voxels