Large scale buildings horizontal physic/mass/max load

Jeronimo

How about adding physic to constructions, by adding some gravity, weigh and strength to material, so for larger scale building constructions on planets, players will be forced to recreate a stable structure to build on.

Making impoosible to build bridges without pillars, suspended houses with a triangulated structure, or even a floor without a certain thickness, neither a dirt tower....

As i understood Voxel builds is composed by millions of tiny tiny pixels cubes, so it might not be difficult to make calculation to make cunstruction horizontally collapse based on distance of last cube from attached solid point.

Here is what we know about Voxel:

Here is what i m talking about:

Read the dev blogs. I reported you for trolling, second time you ask without bothering to read.

lol you already making enemies before the game started, better we not meet each other ingame

the topic has already been mentionned here true: 

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/1056-are-voxel-blocks-going-to-be-affected-by-rudimentary-physics/?hl=physic#entry11797

but not clearly

beside i trying to talk topics about game mechanics, thing you might understand fully

dont mind twerkie, hes a bit overzealous with what he thinks as trolling.

also im not sure how computationally feasible statics are in a game world where the planet you are standing on isnt exempt from the physics interactions.

dont mind twerkie, hes a bit overzealous with what he thinks as trolling.

also im not sure how computationally feasible statics are in a game world where the planet you are standing on isnt exempt from the physics interactions.

Get into Discord, it's not my idea alone the guy's a troll.

Also, the same way the ships can move in a 6DoF is used to emulate physics like gravity. BUT, editing the WORLD won't have a physics interactions, for more than one reason, which I can't go in detail cause it's pointless. Editing a building though, with, let's say, a C4, will make the building tumble, like a ship being cracked in half.

If there's no thing like gravity on planets, then ships being cut in half would not break apart either. Talk about immersion breaking :P

How about adding physic to constructions, by adding some gravity, weigh and strength to material, so for larger scale building constructions on planets, players will be forced to recreate a stable structure to build on.

Making impoosible to build bridges without pillars, suspended houses with a triangulated structure, or even a floor without a certain thickness, neither a dirt tower....

As i understood Voxel builds is composed by millions of tiny tiny pixels cubes, so it might not be difficult to make calculation to make cunstruction horizontally collapse based on distance of last cube from attached solid point.

Here is what we know about Voxel:

Here is what i m talking about:

The devs have said that they do not plan to do this because its to resource heavy

The devs have said that they do not plan to do this because its to resource heavy

Not for terrain at least The buildings follow the gravity rules, but not mountains for example If you were to blow the legs off a statue, it will fall over Same goes for mechs

Not for terrain at least The buildings follow the gravity rules, but not mountains for example If you were to blow the legs off a statue, it will fall over Same goes for mechs

he is right, that will apply to terran and buildings, only players and scripted objects will certainly have a physical state

when JC meant a mountain, he meant the scale of it

means space stations built in space wihtout proper elements for them to move will propably never rotate around a planet or be attracted by them

so i wonder when planets turning around suns will passby those passive space buildings once a year

thats an issue