Sized screen

Frize

Hi NQ,

I had an idea where you can choose the size of a screen to incorporate into the building like a screen voxel, etc.Not have must to say, tell me if i haven't been completly clear,

I've a good day,

Frize.

1 hour ago, Frize said:

Hi NQ,

I had an idea where you can choose the size of a screen to incorporate into the building like a screen voxel, etc.Not have must to say, tell me if i haven't been completly clear,

I've a good day,

Frize.

'In other words, you would like a voxel element that has the same function as a screen. A voxel that allows you display content like a screen would, no?

I understand the need for larger screens, especially when we are hoisting ads and way-points out in space, but a 'screen-voxel' kinds of breaks it. The voxel mechanics are still being refined, and the load you would put on the processing units by introducing this voxel element would far outweigh the benefits. You can put in a request for larger screens. Their function is two dimensional, which limits the strain, and as they are elements, their functions are predefined. Even videos are limited in visibility and thus, active task, by distance to the screens. 

Imagine a house or a station built of screen voxels in a heavily populated area. Now imagine dozens of screen-voxel-houses, each one showing the art, ingenuity and coding prowess of its respective owner. Your GPU will scream, as will mine.

We can get larger screens, and I support that idea. For screen voxels, however, we'll need more benefits to their use and NQ will need more time. We haven't gotten glass voxels yet to replicate the Apple Campus walk-in shock.

Cheers.

'

I understand when i talk about voxel screen it was to let you imagine what  it would like in game but i don't mean a voxel screen. Choose different size for screen and put each one as a unique item is a good idea but it still not enough.  Sometimes it would be the perfect size as sometimes it won't. That's the point i want to mention and why it's more helpfull to size yourself the screen to match with your building.

'

Well, here's what NQ said then: 

For the time being, Elements won't be editable.

On the long run, we might implement a "Dye system" but it is just an idea at the moment.

One thing sure: Elements won't be resizable. Size matters at several levels (number of component required to build it, element efficiency, etc).

Here's the link:  

Cheers.

'