H.O.T.A.S.

CMDRCODY

I believe they said they will try to implement controllers, not sure about HOTAS... but many people are interested, so I imagine they'll at least try.  Considering they are into VR, I imagine HOTAS will be a package deal at that point ;)

Granted, that's a long... long... ways down the road, and it gives them plenty of time to think about HOTAS support haha

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, JDsplice said:

I don't have any Thrustmaster JS's.  Can u still use the software to control non-native JS's?

No idea xD

But there are plenty of joystick emulators Out there, just try which works for you

• 1 month later...

I use a "X52 pro" for another game. It´s software allowes you to progam it pretty much for anything - even to use it in Windows or your browser.

Try to find a HOTAS that appeals to you and then look it up on YouTube to find out how applicable it is to your needs. 

After all it´s just another programmable input device like a mouse or keyboard... Yes- it can be some work to set it up at first but it´s well worth it ! 

• 3 months later...

It is well known programming in hotas fuctionality is the computer version of building the pyramids with your bare hands and I'm not sure what use it would be anyway since it looks like we'll have a point and click combat system until continents shift and each methodical line of code is brought in by Egyptian slaves at a speed of 1 line per day, apparently.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a save file for x52 configuration that they can share?  I tried mapping it myself.  I spent over an hour just working on the throttle and, no matter what I do, my ship will only accelerate.  I can't figure out why.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:42 PM, LITTORIO said:

I have these two gaming peripherals. I hope they are compatible with the game

Not natively, at the moment.

An ORG colleague who's also interested in HOTAS application to the game has played with the current implementation. He says that the game recognises the axes of his joystick, but only the positive value of each axis. So you can roll or yaw right, pitch up but not roll or yaw left, or pitch down. And the same with throttle axis, IIRC. So they're working on it, but it's a WIP.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the setting to set ship control to mouse.  I mapped it to my stick and that works but y axis isn't inverted.  The only y invert I can find is globally which doesn't work when on foot.  Apparently, logitech's programmer doesn't have a way to invert. 

Any solutions?