Lesson from the past

erichconvair

Once upon a time in a universe called Multima, ecology was a big part of the system. 

A brand new universe filled with criters, a flock of players, what could possibly goes wrong ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNxJVTJleE

Even internal testing couldn't figured that...

enjoys

1 hour ago, erichconvair said:

Once upon a time in a universe called Multima, ecology was a big part of the system. 

A brand new universe filled with criters, a flock of players, what could possibly goes wrong ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNxJVTJleE

Even internal testing couldn't figured that...

enjoys

And thus so much wanton destruction of nature - unleashed the dormant "SENTINALS": Ethereal being of immense power who rose up 40ft high and called up fire tornadoes and cracks of doom earthquakes wiping out any player characters until their numbers began to thin...

Problem rebalanced?

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Nanoman said:

This is exactly why I'm not yet convinced that simple (dis-)incentives would be enough to counter for example griefers, or to prevent the ASA from becoming one big swiss cheese in relatively short order.

One rule in software development (or maybe I just made it up) is: If it can happen, it will happen...

I understand your concern but I don't think it will be a problem you will just have to find where all the safe zones are and just stay inside to do your business and building ! If there is a safe zone on a moon far away from the big groups I would personally pic that one and if your in a organization your group could make its own town or city inside that safe zone .