Human effect on planets

Orius

Human's impact on planet Earth is increasing, and unfortunately we cannot click a reset button. I would like to see this as an implemented game feature for a planet such as Alioth. When humans deplete Alioth of its resources, it would also be cool to see how the planet reacts to these changes, making it warmer or cooler. This feature could also be implemented in other planets as well. 

Nice idea, realistic, but maybe a bit too costly in regards of time and effort, given what NQ has to work on all in all. 

Different idea, less effort: have some sort of planetary or region-wide visual effects, shader, whatever the right term is, to show "pollution" or other negative effects after a while, or bind such effects to certain simple conditions such as certain objects that would produce waste (simplified, production units) if there are many on a planet or in a wider area. 

You can then check how "industrialized" or populated, say, Alioth is by hand or automatically and apply the moderate or big visual changes when it becomes believable. And maybe remove or lower them when applicable. 

I doubt alioth would ever be depleted entirely, even if it got close they would make minerals regenerate for the new players, not valuable ones, but not useless either

Maybe they'd just move Ark to another planet once Alioh get's devastated? Leaving whole huge Ark-city suddenly exposed to attacks, without safe-zone.

Just to see how players will react to such sudden change: Will we start killing neighbour enemies right away? Or maybe try to protect largest city, as neutral place of exchange?

That would work nicely with their policy of "slowly giving all the power to players". I'd love to see that.

Meanwhile newbs would try to create their civilisation on almost virgin planet.

1 hour ago, CalenLoki said:

Maybe they'd just move Ark to another planet once Alioh get's devastated?

Nope, there is another Ark Ship than one on Alioth but the player have to go there to find it themselves after ability to go to another system is unlock.

NQ wont do such thing like that to interfere with the game. If they do they have killed it.

Agree on that, and it was stated that there are more arc ships. I do hope they dont add extra resources except maybe asteroids that collide. Keep it original, you destroy a world then live with the consequences. Best option is to not refil'. And there is still no real science profe we are responsible for the climate, forgot the ice age and the tropical ages before? or did the dinosaurs drive too many cars too :P There are more scientific reasons that explain the effect of the weather and climate then only the  "we did it" option.

Well, I'd welcome that as interesting event and social experiment.

So for me (and probably quite some other peoples too) that would be more refreshing than killing the game.

To be clear - I'm not talking about any kind regeneration, only about removing at some point safe-zone around the first Ark.

Would be more fun if they don't remove the arc, but abandon it. With that in mind, the second power is gone all functions will stop. You could even put a timer on that. With that the arc components are salvagable in a non safe zone. Could give some nice battles over those resources.

Just future thinking is all. If we do it that way, where the resources are salvageable, then the battle will most likely never stop because orgs from all timezones will be fighting over those resources (assuming the resources are somewhat valuable). That means that orgs will not only start fighting there, but be fighting places where war was never fought before. Minerals would start to become rare, and then the price of ships goes up. Inflation happens like crazy. The people that will honestly benefit the most out of this are the ship builders and miners. Not the people fighting for the resources from the unprotected arkship.